GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sorry Buck1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/03/04 at 13:17
Regular
": ("
About a month ago i was arguing with Buck1 at how crap Sonic is, well i'd like to take this oppotunity to said "I was wrong".

I went to Toys R Us today and played Sonic on PS2, I found it very enjoyable and really smooth, i like the way you can go really fast up all of them loops and stuff. Its deffinately improved from the one i played on Sega Megadrive (Not just graphically).

Now i have played the latest Sonic it has got me into a adventure kind of mood and im now thinking of buying a Gamecube as well as getting my new PS2. I wont be getting GC straight away but i'll probably get it within the next month or two. Again, sorry Buck1 for insulting you.
Thu 06/05/04 at 21:59
Regular
": ("
Yeah, GP is right. Games back in the Sonic days never had deep storylines but now they do and thats what makes people dislike it, because they're too retro.
Thu 06/05/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the main problem is everyone equates Sonic with being great on the 2D so when they play the 3D, they don't get the same feeling. The fact is, they are different. Sonic was great fun to play in 2D but I've found myself getting more involved in the story on the 3D games.

I've not played a Sonic game where I haven't found at least 2 things that have made me go back and play them again... and again. I suppose the recent stuff is for the new generation and the total die hard Sonic fans but I think everyone has to realise that the games in 2D and 3D will never feel the same. No game ever works that way.
Thu 06/05/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I prefer the older Sonic games that were around in the Mega-Drive days. I remember sitting for ages trying to complete Sonic, remember you couldn't save or anything and there were 20 odd levels to get through! I only ever completed it once but it was pretty satisfying really.

I tried the Sonic games on the Dreamcast but it just wasn't the same. However I got an SP a few months ago and I'm thinking of buying Sonic Advance 3. Anyone played the Advance versions?
Thu 06/05/04 at 21:09
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
Rikimaru Dark wrote:
> All the recent Sonic's are utter tosh and the old ones good. Cwazy
> Wabbit this is why I hate you no.taste.at.all.

is that a fog horn i hear??
balllllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!
yep that sounds right
muwhahahah! Joe
i have your e-mail prepare to be sighned up to all those sign up here things!
muwhahahah!
muwhahaha
muwha
ha
Wed 05/05/04 at 09:36
Regular
What he said.

Oh, and if you get the chance, play Sonic Pocket Adventure on Neo Geo Pocket. It's great old-skool stuff.
Tue 04/05/04 at 17:41
Regular
Anyone who thinks that the new Sonic games are better than the old ones really deserves to be shot.

The old ones were unquestionable classics while the recent efforts have been scraping around the average mark.
Mon 03/05/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I'll add you later.
Mon 03/05/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Yeah add me or dont I cant really post anymore because im downloading so the choice is yours.
Mon 03/05/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
So you like me?
Mon 03/05/04 at 18:43
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I was in a seriously bad mood. BAD BAD mood.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.