GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOTABLE VOTE - VOTE IN THIS THREAD, THIS SUNDAY (19TH)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 20:24
Regular
Time to move forward with the Election of the next Notable.

One man one vote on August 19th.

You can only vote HERE - in THIS THREAD.

First vote counts - vote twice and you have spoilt your ballot. Don't sign up new names to vote more than one - or you'll be disqualified.

JAT's can't vote and NOR can anybody who signed up less between 1 and 5 days before the vote.

Don't vote for staff - they can't be elected.
Don't vote for JAT's or Newbies - they can't be elected.
Don't vote for Notables - they are already elected.

Do your campaigning here or all over the forums. Drive up your popularity as there can be ONLY ONE new Notable.

DON'T VOTE until August 19th.

When you do vote say "I vote for ...."

That's it. It won't be the same without the er-no campaign.
You er-no it makes sense.
Page:
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:29
I'd love to be a notable but have more chance of becoming a Not Able!
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:31
Seifer wrote:
> I'd love to be a notable but have more chance of becoming a Not
> Able!

It gets funnier the more times you say it....

Hehe ;-D
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:34
Seifer wrote:
> I'd love to be a notable but have more chance of becoming a Not
> Able!

LOL. Dont worry I am sure you will be one.
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:35
CJC wrote:
> The_Vottanator he has a very good chance of being the next notable.

I think you are mistaken. (:)
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:36
I think Dan2K1 should be the next notable - he writes a lot of really quality posts.
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Tony:

I go away on holiday tomorrow and won't be back until the 25th. So when and where do I vote early?
Fri 03/08/01 at 21:42
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> CJC wrote:
> The_Vottanator he has a very good chance of being
> the next notable.

I think you are mistaken. (:)

Why?
Fri 03/08/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
how expensive sdd?
Fri 03/08/01 at 22:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I think notables shouldn't be elected, I think that regulars and even newbies if it's possible should be made notable status for reaching a grand total of 10 or more GADs/FADs. (Yes, it can be a mix, as long as the total is 10 or more).

The reasoning behind this is as follows:

Notables are primarily there for their contributions to the forums over time. Most if not all of the current 7 notables have achieved the 10 or more landmark, which also shows that they have remained longstanding members, and that they have contributed in a positive way to the forums with quality posts.

By removing the election method of selection, this encourages regulars and even newbies to hang around and post quality rather than quantity in an effort to gain notable status, 'working for it' if you will. It also removes any possibility of favoritism, election rigging, pointless 'vote for me!' threads etc.

On the downside this would remove the 'election fever' in the forums every 3 months, but on the upside the ratio of quality posts to quality spam may get better.

It's just a thought...
Fri 03/08/01 at 22:51
semajal wrote:
> how expensive sdd?

How much you offering??
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.