GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best driving game you have played?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/03/04 at 21:17
Regular
"Gamer"
The best driving games I have played on PS & PS2 are Total Drivin', Gran Turismo 2, GTA:Vice City and The Getaway, what about you?
Mon 15/03/04 at 18:43
Regular
And completely boring. GTA is better for driving.
Mon 15/03/04 at 11:39
Regular
"-|TED|-"
i would say the getaway...very realistic
Sun 14/03/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would have to say Gran Turismo 3, the most realistic driving game yet. Cant wait for the fourth!
Sun 14/03/04 at 17:47
Regular
Nah, PGR2 is by far the best!

And as for GameCube, it should be F-Zero GX.
Sun 14/03/04 at 16:44
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I don't like racing games but I'd have to say:

PS2: Gran Turismo 3

XBOX: Project Gotham Racing 2

Gamecube: Mario Kart: Double Dash

Overall: Gran Turismo 3
Sun 14/03/04 at 12:20
Regular
"8==="
Burnout 2/PGR 2/RalliSport Challenge/Mario Kart/Rush 2049
Sun 14/03/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would say the Ridge Racer series is my favourite racer, Ridge was one of the games that made me get a PS1 in the first place and I've just recently restarted RR5, it's taken me back to a time when Playstation was better.

But as for driving, it has to be Driver. I just love those car chases, they're so much fun and you can make good movies out of those replays thanks to the editor. Can't wait for Driver 3, as I don't expect it to be similar to Vice City at all, Vice City is a crime sim, whereas Driver 3 will be a car chase sim. Which is why when all the critics go 'oh, it doesn't allow you the same freedom of Vice City so it's crap' I will begin to get annoyed.

:)
Sun 14/03/04 at 11:07
"period drama"
Probably Burnout 2. Far from realistic, but a hell of a lot of fun.
And Driver / 2 because it was such fun as well, great handbrake-turns with screeching tires and hub-caps rolling off.
Sun 14/03/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Driver, but only because I like their bouncy tyre car physics as opposed to Gran Turismo's handling. SEGA GT comes a close second on the Dreamcast (includes drag racing), followed by GT3:A-Spec.
Sun 14/03/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Socom 3 > All."
Is Vice City classed as a driving game??

Anyway the best driving game i've ever played is Need for Speed : Underground

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.