GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mr. Yamauchi - a God among men."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/08/01 at 13:26
Regular
The man is an absolute genius, creating probably the best single gaming experience the world has ever seen. Such amazing gameplay, such astounding graphics.

Years in production, his latest creation will sell tens of million of units and bring enjoyment to the lives of everyone it touches. The subtleties of his product have to be experienced to be believed, and it's a product no true gamer should be without.
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:26
"High polygon count"
The man is an absolute genius, creating probably the best single gaming experience the world has ever seen. Such amazing gameplay, such astounding graphics.

Years in production, his latest creation will sell tens of million of units and bring enjoyment to the lives of everyone it touches. The subtleties of his product have to be experienced to be believed, and it's a product no true gamer should be without.
Fri 03/08/01 at 14:51
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
it's not just him , what about shigsy and all the other guys , and he probably does didly around there . he is the president of nintendo of japan and most likely has little to do with the consoles (he almost binned the thing if it didn't get a good response at E3 !!) im not dissing you or anything coz i could well be wrong , but ..... more thoughts from others needed here .... PLEASE !
Fri 03/08/01 at 20:57
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
He's one of the most respected business men in Japan. He is responsible for one of Japan's most consistantly profitable companies and one of the few that made any money during the Eastern slump.

He is responsible for things you couldn't even imagine, but has openly admitted to not playing the games much.
Fri 03/08/01 at 22:51
Regular
The fact is that he may be a shrewd business man, but i doubt very much that he has any say in what goes into the games.
Fri 03/08/01 at 23:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> The fact is that he may be a shrewd business man, but i doubt very
> much that he has any say in what goes into the games.

ok... i have just lost all resepct for you. you have just posted the most stupid thing since the person who wrote "By the way, who is BTW?". He has 100% say what goes into games, and is not a business man! He designed and did the artists work for almost every single major nintendo game release.

Do you know who he is?

NiGHTS!
Fri 03/08/01 at 23:24
Regular
Okay yet again ive said something wrong im very sorry, but honestly why do u stick up for these guys look at the way Nintendo treat the European market, but anyway im sorry if i said anything wrong about Mr Yamauchi what his face.
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> Okay yet again ive said something wrong im very sorry, but honestly
> why do u stick up for these guys look at the way Nintendo treat the
> European market, but anyway im sorry if i said anything wrong about
> Mr Yamauchi what his face.

I don't stick up for them... Ninty's market rip off is terrible, and high prices are why I dropped the 64! However, you must understand, Shigsy is the most prolific and important man in gaming ever... no one can disagree. Well, he gets in everyones top 3 at least!

NiGHTS!
Sat 04/08/01 at 18:58
Regular
ive got nothing against shigsy, if i saw him in the street i would role out the red carpet.
Sat 04/08/01 at 19:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Well I think that Mr Yamauchi is a good businessman who has helped lead Nintendo for years. However were it not for the games from Mr Miyamoto Nintendo would not have been so successful.
Sat 04/08/01 at 20:04
I think he needs to end his grudge with Squaresoft. Square want to develop for the GC but Yamauchi says they have to make 2-3 exclusive games for the cube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.