GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UGH ! Add choice of harsh words here..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/03/04 at 02:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Poxy console ! While playing my XBox lately, I've noticed a rapid downhill spiral in its reliability. At first, it started crashing a couple of times and I got the dirty disc message for games that didn't have a mark or scratch on them.

Then a few weeks ago, I decded to go online with Mech Assault and have a few games. It crashed and gave me the dirty disc message like 4 or 5 times. Then I bought Morrowind GOTY and every now and again, it would crash and need to be reset. Then over the past week, besides crashing, it would pause a lot as I moved around, constantly giving the threat of crashing. I also started to find circular scratches on the Morrowind disc which the console must be doing because it was perfectly fine when I bought it.

Now today, because Morrowind is having so many problems, I thought I'd try Whiplash seeing as I'd been waiting so long to get it since I saw the early news on it. I was enjoying it and just to be on the safe side, took every opportunity to save the game. As usual after a short time of playing, the game crashed followed by the dirty disc message, but just to add to it, I put the game back on and find out that my game save is damaged, so I have to start again. Then the same happened again.

So now, when I really could do without it, I'm gonna have to fork out for a new XBox cause by the looks of it, I've found out that apparently the early systems have crap DVD drives. Wonderful. And if I want to salvage any game saves, I'm also gonna need a new memory card. I have one, but that went crappy awhile back - damaging any saves I put on it (and it was an official one - not the third party crap).
Seeing as it comes out on Friday, I guess I might as well get the Crystal one, so at least I know I have the latest stuff inside it rather than the old DVD drive and whatever other second hand stuff they pulled out of a skip to put in it.

Now, the coming loss of cash aside, I could have ended up a lot more volatile, angry and well, just plain violent, but after the experience of owning the early PS1 console, that has helped to make me numb to that kinda stage. I can't even throw tantrums and elbow drops at the poxy thing cause I need to attempt to salvage at least a few game saves onto the next console before the postal style violence can begin...
Poxy disc consoles.
Mon 15/03/04 at 02:49
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Poxy console ! While playing my XBox lately, I've noticed a rapid downhill spiral in its reliability. At first, it started crashing a couple of times and I got the dirty disc message for games that didn't have a mark or scratch on them.

Then a few weeks ago, I decded to go online with Mech Assault and have a few games. It crashed and gave me the dirty disc message like 4 or 5 times. Then I bought Morrowind GOTY and every now and again, it would crash and need to be reset. Then over the past week, besides crashing, it would pause a lot as I moved around, constantly giving the threat of crashing. I also started to find circular scratches on the Morrowind disc which the console must be doing because it was perfectly fine when I bought it.

Now today, because Morrowind is having so many problems, I thought I'd try Whiplash seeing as I'd been waiting so long to get it since I saw the early news on it. I was enjoying it and just to be on the safe side, took every opportunity to save the game. As usual after a short time of playing, the game crashed followed by the dirty disc message, but just to add to it, I put the game back on and find out that my game save is damaged, so I have to start again. Then the same happened again.

So now, when I really could do without it, I'm gonna have to fork out for a new XBox cause by the looks of it, I've found out that apparently the early systems have crap DVD drives. Wonderful. And if I want to salvage any game saves, I'm also gonna need a new memory card. I have one, but that went crappy awhile back - damaging any saves I put on it (and it was an official one - not the third party crap).
Seeing as it comes out on Friday, I guess I might as well get the Crystal one, so at least I know I have the latest stuff inside it rather than the old DVD drive and whatever other second hand stuff they pulled out of a skip to put in it.

Now, the coming loss of cash aside, I could have ended up a lot more volatile, angry and well, just plain violent, but after the experience of owning the early PS1 console, that has helped to make me numb to that kinda stage. I can't even throw tantrums and elbow drops at the poxy thing cause I need to attempt to salvage at least a few game saves onto the next console before the postal style violence can begin...
Poxy disc consoles.
Mon 15/03/04 at 03:07
Regular
my DVD rom died on mine. Luckily it was still under warranty, so I got it replaced for free.
Mon 15/03/04 at 03:57
Regular
"8==="
I've had a few crashes with Gladius and Rainbow Six 3.
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:02
Regular
Those who played Rainbow Six 3 with me would know this was constantly happening to me in the end and my drive failed along with my network port. Luckily someone bought it before it finally went because I was out of warranty and badly in need of a new drive.
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:39
Regular
": ("
I hope the one i brought is new, it must be because its a new Bundle so if its a new Bundle it must be a new XBOX *Crosses Fingers*
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:42
Regular
All the 3 consoles crash alot, i should know as i've played all three now. Oh and this is to the guy who started the topic, did you post this in the xbox forum, im sure you did.
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:46
Regular
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> All the 3 consoles crash alot, i should know as i've played all three
> now.

I can safely say my PS2 has never crashed or had any problems. Neither has my Gamecube.

My Xbox suffered due to the crappy Thomson drive but has not had any other problems. I might offload it though to get a new Crystal Xbox - even though I would be better off just sticking with my current one.
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:50
Regular
It just depends whether you have the old versions or the new versions, i should have the new version but i dont know how to be sure. If your PS2 has never crashed on you then your either a Lucky B*stard or you have a new version.
:O)
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:53
Regular
I must be lucky then :P

The most damage my PS2 has received is a scratch down the front. It's been dropped, kicked, shook (don't ask!) and the drive itself has been abused a fair bit, but it's still going strong.
Mon 15/03/04 at 07:59
Regular
"\\"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> Oh and this is to the guy who started the topic, did you post
> this in the xbox forum, im sure you did.

No he posted it in General Chat and it ended up here...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.