GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You guys never talk about windows"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/03/04 at 23:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its a shame, XP is such a great operating system.
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Its a shame, XP is such a great operating system.
Regular
"Meh"
Did you buy yours seperately or with your PC?
Wed 17/03/04 at 00:01
Regular
I love windows xp pro (yes a legal licenced copy) it is the best OS out there, and i have never had so few BSOD's which is also a plus, Longhorn is looking very nice to :)

Colin
Wed 17/03/04 at 06:54
Regular
I picked up my legit XP Home at a computer fair for £64 at the beginning of last year. It definitely was worth the money as now I can benefit from Microsoft being on my side and off my back.

I agree AMD_MAN, Longhorn does look promising.
Wed 17/03/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> I love windows xp pro (yes a legal licenced copy) it is the best OS
> out there, and i have never had so few BSOD's which is also a plus,
> Longhorn is looking very nice to :)
>
> Colin

Wouldnt mind trying out longhorn. Got a spare computer in the attic so might do a install on that one :D
Wed 17/03/04 at 13:05
Regular
It's a fact that those who blatently "boast" about having an original copy of something, quite often don't. If you say you have a copy of XP, why do you need to back it up with a "yes a legal licensed copy"?

Nobody really cares, and Microsoft knows that the majority of home users use illegal copies of their OS. Most of Microsofts revenue from OS and related software comes from the larger corporate clients who buy licenses en-mass, and need to be seen to be street-legal.

If they cared so much they would copy-protect their CDs and make it bit more difficult to copy their warez. It wouldn't stop it happening, but the fact that they don't shows they are not really bothered. So why should you be bothered?
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:49
Regular
Nomino, standing proud for the Justice League of Pirates.

Trying to justify his use of illegitimate software by claiming everyone else has, when it quite clearly isn't true.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Did you buy yours seperately or with your PC?

Separately. I built my computer.
Wed 17/03/04 at 23:39
Regular
Hey i was just stating that i think most home users have the illegal licence of windows xp Proffesional.

Colin
Wed 17/03/04 at 23:40
Regular
I have a pirated XP Pro, but I see no need in using it while I have a perfectly fine XP Home.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.