GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Huzzah!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/03/04 at 07:33
Regular
"\\"
I finally got my new PC... True, it's still in bits. But it will be oh so much more powerful than this one.

Anyway, soon as this PC is rubbish, and i wouldn't even think of playing ANY 3D game on it, I have no idea what games are good and what are not.

So. Would anybody me so kind enough to give me a short list of games i should look for?
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:33
Regular
"\\"
I finally got my new PC... True, it's still in bits. But it will be oh so much more powerful than this one.

Anyway, soon as this PC is rubbish, and i wouldn't even think of playing ANY 3D game on it, I have no idea what games are good and what are not.

So. Would anybody me so kind enough to give me a short list of games i should look for?
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:38
Regular
What genre you interested in? The only PC game I actually have on my computer is Max Payne 2. I'm thinking about putting CounterStrike back on as I downloaded Steam a while back and saved the installer to disc.

Get Max Payne 2 if you haven't already. That's all I can suggest I'm afraid - I hardly play games on my PC nowadays.
Wed 17/03/04 at 07:42
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Knights of the Old Republic
Call of Duty
Mafia
Deus Ex (then if you really like that, get the sequel.)

And get Far Cry on the 26th...
Wed 17/03/04 at 08:19
Regular
"\\"
I have KOTOR for my xbox, as well as Counter Strike + live making them quite unecesary. What's the multiplayer like on CoD? I played one player on someones PC and wasn't overly impressed by it.
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:28
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Games to get? Well, GTA Vice City should look great with a powerful graphics card, so get it if you haven't already. Otherwise I'd reccomend UT 2004 and Halo.

And although the graphics won't exactly be groundbreaking, put down a preorder for Age Of Empires III: The Age of Discovery- it should be fantastic, seeing that the earlier game rawked, and this is set in 1600-1900, which means some damn nice weapons. :D
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:10
Regular
"\\"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Games to get? Well, GTA Vice City should look great with a powerful
> graphics card, so get it if you haven't already. Otherwise I'd
> reccomend UT 2004 and Halo.
>
> And although the graphics won't exactly be groundbreaking, put down a
> preorder for Age Of Empires III: The Age of Discovery- it should be
> fantastic, seeing that the earlier game rawked, and this is set in
> 1600-1900, which means some damn nice weapons. :D

AOE 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!

I spend half my life on AoE II at the moment, with that being the best game i can currently play. *preorders*

I might get Halo for multiplayer. I also have Vice City on Xbox, so i see no reason to get that for some better graphics (although there is the downloadable mods for it i hear) and i'll have to look up UT 2004.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's available to preorder, and in fact I have just claimed it as a Gameaday prize. This is a bit of a shot in the dark though, seeing that there I haven't even seen any screenshots.

From what I've heard, it will be unveiled at E3 and released in the run up to Christmas. Hopefully this won't be another case of Halflife II, otherwise a nine month wait may be far longer.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:12
Regular
"\\"
Been on ES website and found nothing... But i'll take your word for it.
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:50
Regular
Unreal 2 is great, and the XMP add-on is top quality.

Unreal Tournament 2004 is soon with us, and looks set to kick ass.
Thu 18/03/04 at 08:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed. It hits the stores tomorrow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.