GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown JBI"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/08/01 at 20:52
Regular
Why doesnt anyone mention WWF Smackdown JBI on this forum.To be honest it is going to be the biggest game of the year for me.With so many cool features this game si going to rock!!!!!What are your views?If you people want, I can post all the features of the game here!
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would have thought it was faster as it is on PS2,also there are less characters so hopefully your wrestler should get a match at nearly every event.
Wed 08/08/01 at 22:04
Regular
I hope the season mode in JBI is faster than SD2 in fact i liked the original's way of skipping matches where you got the results just after you selected skip match. I also hope that there are faster loading times, it took me one hour just to play about 6-7 days in season mode and that was when I was skipping the matches which my player wasn't in (This was in SD2).
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:18
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Sorry Triple_Rhys, I made a mistake.But I am positive you cannot have 9 wrestlers in the ring.U can though have 8 men in the ring.I saw the pic myself.All the new music themes will be in even The Undertakers one(Limp Bizkit) accprding to Sanders Keel.They want to make the game as up-to-date as possible and as realistic as possible.
But at the same time they are going to ignore the Invasion angle........
Wed 08/08/01 at 20:04
It might be a good game to a devoted wresting fan but to the average gamer the game is as pointless as Who Wants To Be a Millionare.
Wed 08/08/01 at 17:31
Regular
I doubt they will have Undertakers Limp Bizkit theme, cause that would mean they had to buy the rights to it and that would be very expensive.
Wed 08/08/01 at 17:20
Triple_H u have just contradicted yourself, you said your only allowed 6 men in the ring with 2 commentators plus interferences blah blah blah blah blah......
but then go on to say you can fight in 8 man battle royals yeah ok. 9 wrestlers are said to be able to fight anyway and im sticking by that.

By the way THQ had considered Digimask technology for this game but then binned the idea as they would have to hold back the release of the game until Digimask was released. The technology is now being scheduled for a 2002 release and so is Smackdown 4, if you dont believe me then u better check your information with others, take a look on the world wide web.

Oh and i do believe u can go in the crowd, got that one wrong, and yes it doesn't look impresive either. Well done.

------------------------

Hopefully they do update all features of the industry such as title music (include Undertakers Limp Bizkit theme or Stone Colds new entrance music etc.)

They should keep the season mode but try help u interact more and this could be done by what u also said by "free walk" that should be interesting.

Anyone got anymore info let us know.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:57
Regular
I doubt Sexays in it, hes been chucked out the WWF for being caught in possesion of cannabis, ha ha what joker.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:32
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Though not a fan of wrestling in general, I am looking forward to this game as well. There’s something about wrestling that translates very well to games, Smackdown 2 is great fun to play. I hope that they’ve included the option to switch off the cut scenes in-between matches and so on in this version, when playing in season mode these can get very annoying, especially when your pugilist isn’t in action every week.

More foreign objects as well, I want to slap other wrestlers around with a variety of strange and dangerous objects.

....The next time we meet...It will be..on the street...
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
I can't wait for this game!!

It's now confirmed for a November UK Release date!!

Anyone know if Grandmaster Sexay's in it?? Please may he be in it, he is my all-time favourite wrestler!!

Well, at least Scotty's in it, I s'pose.
Sun 05/08/01 at 20:50
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Triple Rhys,You got some facts wrong!!First u can go and fight in the crowd.It doesnt look too impressive yet but its going to improve.
2.You cannot take a pic of your head in this game.
3.You cannot have 9 WRESTLERS in the ring.The ref counts as a wrestler so do the commentators cause they are in 3D.So u can have 6 wrestlers, ref and 2 commentators at the same time.If commenatators are not in the view dont forget the interferences.But we are likely to see 8-man Battle Royal and Three Way Tag match.Also Free Walk is confirmed.So u can walk around backstage whenever u want.U can ask for matches, attack people etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.