GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"super smash bros melee 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Smash Bros Melee'.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Underbean"
do you think a new ssmb will make it too the gamecube, ssmb melee is great but it could be improved, theres not enough characters or multiplayer options, i hope it doesnt go onto the N5 cos im not allowed another console
Sat 20/03/04 at 14:57
"The Will of D."
Supposedly SSBM2 is to be one of the first games out when the N5 hits the shops, when the N5 was tested in jap then recalled, SSBM2 was one of those games that was released with it.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:29
Regular
Well I actually enjoyed playing through the three different modes with each character, and you could test their strengths and weaknesses along the way. Then there were the arcadey event matches, mini games and the trophy collection.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
It was a good game...for multiplayer....
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:19
Regular
It's a predecessor.

But I agree with Strafio. SSBM had tons of variation and was a damn good game.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:17
Regular
Note: A game set and released before it's sequel is not a prequel :P
Fri 19/03/04 at 01:48
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> a 'sequel' as such should include all the current stages as
> unlockables and include even more characters, stages, challenges
> making it a huuuuuuuge and more varied game.
>
> Sure, SSBM had so much in it, but it was so monotonous, it needed
> more variety.

Hehe! It had all the variety in the world compared to it's prequel.
It took the single player mode a lot further, but not quite far enough.

The multiplayer, just like in the N64 version, was fantastic.
I'd say it's the best multiplayer game on the Gamecube, even better than Timesplitters 2.
Thu 18/03/04 at 22:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Personally, I'd love to see Toad and Olimar be able to whup some ass in the sequel..

That, and more stages, even more characters, and more trophies (no Magikoopa trophy in SSBM cheesed me off).
Thu 18/03/04 at 22:28
Regular
a 'sequel' as such should include all the current stages as unlockables and include even more characters, stages, challenges making it a huuuuuuuge and more varied game.

Sure, SSBM had so much in it, but it was so monotonous, it needed more variety.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:39
Regular
I doubt it. Melee is quite enough for the GameCube at the moment.

Hopefully we'll see a next gen sequel around the beginning of the N5's lifespan.
Thu 18/03/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Underbean"
do you think a new ssmb will make it too the gamecube, ssmb melee is great but it could be improved, theres not enough characters or multiplayer options, i hope it doesnt go onto the N5 cos im not allowed another console

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.