GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If a Film could be made into a Game..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/03/04 at 20:49
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
Theres a 'if a game could be made into a film' topic, so i thought i would make this one.
As most Films turn into games anyway, there arnt much to chose from.

I Would chose A Proper Matrix game that acctuly focuses on Neo and Trinity and not Ghost.
Fri 19/03/04 at 22:13
Regular
Wakka wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> The Lord of the Rings
> (an RPG-style one).
>
> That would be cool. :)

Indeed - there'd be a huge number of possibilities. It could be set during or after the events of the story, and you could play through as one of the major characters, good or evil.

Or, there might be the possibility to customise your own, unique character. Imagine being a mercenary helping the quest to save Middle Earth in a story parallel to what unfolds with the fellowship. You'd see the world as it was changed and influenced by the main events - your story may even intertwine with Frodo's, or Aragorn's, or Gandalf's...

Perhaps you could choose to be a soldier? You'd see the entire story from a new perspective. Imagine training yourself up, and then finally heading into an awesome battle. You, one person, in the middle of an epic clash of good and evil. Look hard enough, you may even see Legolas or Gimli racking up their kill counts.

Essentially, I'm imagining Morrowind but in a LotR style world with epic battles.
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:34
Regular
": ("
Daddy Daycare.
I could just imagine me chasing all these little children with my beautiful gaming skills, and the final boss could be.......MICHEAL JACKSON!!!!!
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Maverick42 wrote:
The Lord of the Rings
> (an RPG-style one).

That would be cool. :)
Fri 19/03/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Hedfix wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
> The Blair Witch Project
>
> It's been done on the PC.

When?
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:14
Regular
"8==="
Wakka wrote:
> The Blair Witch Project

It's been done on the PC.
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:14
"Sony/PS2/Best"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Escape from New York or Escape from L.A would make brilliant games -
> Think I heard somewhere there may well be one in development. Hope so
> because the films were superb!

They were great films, maybe Konami could link Bob and Snake in someway...Long lost brothers or something...
Fri 19/03/04 at 19:06
Regular
The Matrix, The Running Man, Gladiator, Top Gun, The Lord of the Rings (an RPG-style one).
Fri 19/03/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
The Blair Witch Project or Dog Soldiers.
Fri 19/03/04 at 16:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
Escape from New York or Escape from L.A would make brilliant games - Think I heard somewhere there may well be one in development. Hope so because the films were superb!
Fri 19/03/04 at 09:33
Regular
"-|TED|-"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.