GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email: " -ERR login failed" | FORM to MAIL php script stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/01/07 at 15:02
Regular
Hello,
I'm having quite a few email errors today: " -ERR login failed"

Didn't think it was worth raising a support ticket, but wanted to make you aware of the problem.

Perhaps you could say if it is a known issue today?

Thanks.
Wed 14/02/07 at 13:29
Regular
GWD wrote:
> I'm having quite a few email errors today: " -ERR login
> failed"

FYI - Similar problems since around 12.50 today.
Thu 08/02/07 at 16:45
Regular
Yes I remebered that thread and yes it seems you might have been correct, but how come its only comming to light now? these forms will have been in use for a while now I reckon and up till recently they seemed to work really well. Is that Freeola are just getting better at catching spam? are they to strict with the spam filters perhaps? its all above me that side of things but its really frustrating the forms not working correctly. Also it would have been nice for Freeola to update this thread I am sure some staff must look here at times?

Kev
Thu 08/02/07 at 13:37
Regular
Thanks Kev.
A while back I raised this thread [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/Freeola-FORM-spam-using-the-Freeola-script-388.html[/URL] as I was concerned about FORM abuse - perhaps I was right after all.
Thu 08/02/07 at 10:17
Regular
Hi GWD
I am just off the phone to Freeola about another thing and mentioned this to them as our form to mail is slow again (roughly a day or 2 days before mail arrives) They say its abuse by spammers that is causing the problem and that a manager is working on this issue and that they hope soon to have it resolved.

Kev
Wed 07/02/07 at 17:44
Regular
Unfortunately the form-to-mail problems seem to have returned.

Perhaps it would be worth having an entry on the Freeola Status page, which still reads "there are no current faults"?

I've also updated my 'support ticket'.

A response from Freeola would be good.
Mon 05/02/07 at 21:46
Regular
Note that Freeola have never replied to this post? I wonder if all the regular staffies have Bird Flu? they are very qiuet.

My forms appear to be OK again at the moment but I did call CS of Friday and the reply was the delays were caused by a huge influx of spam clogging the system, I assume that the chimney sweep has been out over the weekend and cleared the problem and the marigolds are hanging up to dry - till next time :-(

Kev
Sun 04/02/07 at 17:32
Regular
Hi cjh,
Just tested 3 different sites and they seem to be working normally now.

I'm guessing any FORM scripts all make use of the same Freeola 'sendmail' service. On the 1st Feb I asked Freeola a similar question:

"Can Freeola say if custom form to mail scripts would suffer the same way as the Freeola php script? i.e. Is the problem connected with the same sendmail service?"

No reply yet.
Sun 04/02/07 at 14:17
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just got the test emails, so the spam filter didn't get them. I guess this rules out the Freeola form to mail script being the problem, as my script is custom made.
Thu 01/02/07 at 18:53
Regular
I thought I had an email problem yesterday, but when I spoke to Simon at Freeola support he said there were no issues with email! even though I had several calls from friends staing that my emails were being returned "user unknown" yet Simon emailed me and it worked. The end is nigh! the internet is closing down I can feel it in me water!

And Forms are still delayed.

Kev
Thu 01/02/07 at 18:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I've got a custom PHP form to mail script (written myself), and tested it out a couple of hours ago, but still haven't had the email, I also sent myself a standard test email, which also hasn't appeared, so I'd think it's just an email problem.

Problem is I can't confirm if it's just delayed, or if the Freeola spam filter got them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.