GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"import?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/08/01 at 21:59
Regular
Ok i'm thinking of getting an American PSone for games like parasite eve, mega man X3+4 and the resident evil's with extra batte modes and that. Money is a big issue but is it better to buy an imported console or chip an english one.

please tell me about problems with the mains,tv types etc

cheers
res
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:40
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Sure I will let u know if something comes up
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:15
Regular
"Back For Good"
oh never mind i found it, it's the neo one right.

I don't want to solder anything cus knowng me something will go wrong and i cant afford another console. tell me when they've got a complete external mod chip that doesn't need to open your console.
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
they've got everything there, i thought sites like this only sold mod chips but they have CD's to boot cdr's and ps1 imports.

where's the PS2 section?
Thu 02/08/01 at 22:00
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ermmmm.I am sorry to disappoint u but u do actually have to tinker with it a bit.But they are soon going to release the one where u dont.The address is www.playstationmods.com.

Alternatively I am going to wait for a boot disc to come out.My mate is a computer engineer and he is "apparently" going to send me one soon.Ill update u when i can
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:56
Regular
"Back For Good"
YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOO
give me the url and let me buy this thing, are you sure it works on an english PS2 cus yo said it was American??
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:52
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I didly-biddly surely am
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
WOW WOW WOW are you saying that i can play import PS 2 games without getting a import console or chip in fact not even tampering with my PS2 at all?
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:48
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I am not too sure about PSone games but u can play import PS2 games.Ill give u the URL of the website if you want it.Its an american site so the price is in dollars
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:45
Regular
"Back For Good"
Triple_H wrote:
> Yeah that cartridge should only cost around £6.U can get a
> boot disc but it will set u back £15-£20.By the way the
> PS2 has got one of them cartridges.U have to plug it in the USB
> connection port.

WOW slow down a sec, you mean i can play import Psone games on my PS2 without opening it.

where can i buy it>?
Thu 02/08/01 at 20:22
Regular
By the way has someone got a japanese PS2 and played FFX.
How is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.