GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Report this post to a moderator"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/08/01 at 18:36
Regular
You know that was a bad decision putting it right where "The Future of Gaming" return bit was!!!

How many reports do you reckon you'll get?

Oh well
Fri 03/08/01 at 18:56
Don't worry, I've already done it quite a few times.
Fri 03/08/01 at 14:58
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I....the great MJ...has now mad the same mistake and accidentaly clicked the dreaded Ropert this post link. Damn it. I can't believe it automatically does it.

(;o|
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:39
"High polygon count"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Someone has been playing extremely silly games on us with this link,
> so much so we are considering pulling it all together - the idea of
> it was so you could report bad language or offending posts, not mess
> around and try and clog up our system.

It's a bit strange that it just instantly reports the post. I think it should take you to a page where you can confirm that you actually do wish to report the post, and if required, type the reason for reporting it.

You could also make it clear on the 'reporting' page that misuse will result in an instant ban from the forums.

The extra step of this page may act as a deterrent on its own, but you could also make it so that the person reporting a post has to enter their password. Most people making a genuine report won't mind doing that.
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:34
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> so much so we are considering pulling it all together - the idea of
> it was so you could report bad language or offending posts, not mess
> around and try and clog up our system.

I think you'll find that that it was a stupid idea putting it the same place that we all used to click on to return to the Forums - whoever thought of doing that was playing the silly games, but now it is in a better place.
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I pressed it twice by accident!
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:

Who?
Fri 03/08/01 at 13:28
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Someone has been playing extremely silly games on us with this link, so much so we are considering pulling it all together - the idea of it was so you could report bad language or offending posts, not mess around and try and clog up our system.
Fri 03/08/01 at 12:37
NO.
Fri 03/08/01 at 12:34
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Thanks for that Wookie. Just wanted to know incase I was reported.

(;o|
Fri 03/08/01 at 11:02
"High polygon count"
You just get a pop-up saying that it's been reported - there's no option to say WHY you've reported it. Odd, as in some cases it may not be immediately obvious.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.