GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Frustration!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/08/01 at 16:08
Regular
You may well laugh at me, you probably do anyway, but I needed to write a topic about gaming frustration - have you ever played a game that annoyed you so much that you ended up swearing at the screen - wanting so much to punch the lights out of 'that' particular character, but deep down all it really shows is that the game is just so good?

No?

Fair enough! But I have, for the past year, been struggling to beat the evil King from Virtua Tennis (yep, laugh if you want), he's the last person to play in the world circuit mode, and I just can't beat him with Mark Philippoussis, but maybe I don't actually want to beat him yet? Could that be it? Virtua Tennis is probably the best Dreamcast game around, one of the most playable multiplayer and single player games of all time, and I can't wait for the sequel - I have nothing else to complete in it other than beating King in Japan, then I'll be number one in the world, and will have completed the game!!!

I mean, this is just one example; I've been 3-0 up, and then just throw it all away, but why are all the best games just so frustrating at times? I'm not the greatest player of games, but I do like playing them, so I do - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, another really frustrating game, Sonic Adventure - argh that was annoying, and ChuChu Rocket's final one player game? Could it be that the developers deliberately make them so annoying, just when you've almost had enough, almost completed the game - just to keep you playing? Certainly bode wells for the longevity of a game...

This does show that games are becoming more realistic all the time, in the future we'll be writing posts about arch rival racers in GT4, Project Gotham and alike - games characters are getting more real, having more of a personality, and I've already got a personal vendetta against a couple of Virtua Tennis players!

Anyway, I was quite heated today, I shall beat King, it may take until October, when Virtua Tennis 2 is released, but I just thought I'd let you all know about my frustration, and I'd like to hear about your gaming annoyances too.

Thanks for reading - I've kept it concise, appreciate it!

Dan2K1
Fri 03/08/01 at 03:23
Good!

(grinds teeth, starts hissing)

It better be different, ok?

Ok.

Good.

I'm in charge here, you take orders from nobody but me, IS THAT CLEAR?

Ok, let's get to work.
Thu 02/08/01 at 23:47
Regular
Wahey i remmeber when i wrote frustration, over 6 months ago!

One a GAD for it aswell!

My first GAD!

This brings it all back!

It is very different though.
Wed 01/08/01 at 22:36
I feel dizzy!

What do you mean I can't go on that anymore? BRING ME BACK MY WALTZER!
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:55
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
LOL!!
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:54
Oh yeah, I will argue that actually because I am now insane. ta ta
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:53
Amazing stuff, I would argue that frustrating games can often lead to insanity and depression, but I'm not going to ;)
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:39
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Erm, not me mate - I was not talking to you on MSN.

Hang on other Dan!!! ARRGGHH Too much thinking, too much confusion...head...hurting!!!
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:25
Yep
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Me, but only because it's too hot to play games in comfort. SR should sell fans or something.

*FM clicks on gadgets to see if they actually do sell them...*
Wed 01/08/01 at 21:16
Anyone else FRUSTRATED?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.