GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got TT:CC..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Tue 23/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
Why the hell do the t's in Crystal Chronicles look like f's?

I got very confused at the start of my adventure when I was told to 'tuck away any items in an envelope', I thought Square had goen a little too far giving it an adult edge.

Anyhoo, so far I'm loving it, even though I've only got 1-player to occupy me. Just completed the first boss, and it very much reminds me of OOT, with a tiny hint of Secret of Mana, which is obviously a good thing. Combat was extremely frustrating at first, but now it's starting to get better. The spells system seems to work well too, I can imagien it being brilliant in multiplayer.

Until I get an SP, though (never), I'll have to settle with 1-plater alone-ness. Muh.
Thu 25/03/04 at 12:14
Regular
Hey - have you folks seen this

http://www.yourfinalfantasy.com

quite cool!
Thu 25/03/04 at 11:54
Regular
Heh I'm sure it'll look fantastic come E3.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:46
Regular
That would be fine.

Infact, the top screen would be easier to look at so long as the bottom controls controlled it.

Why am I worrying?
Controllers are on of the few things that Nintendo perfect consistantly! :-)
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:42
Regular
Read the new IGN article.

The bottom screen is touch screen...

I therefore presume the controls that are next to the bottom screen will control the top screen. If it's flip top which I think it is that would be fine.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:40
Regular
good, but in a deathmatch I wouldn't want to take my hand off the controls to choose a weapon. It could show the weapon cycles though, so you'd know EXACTLY how many clicks you needed, rather than endlessly cycling through weapons and accidently tapping over the one you wanted.

I was also thinking action bottom screen and details top screen, but that's probably trivial! ;-)

I'd certainly want the main controls on the bottom of the controller though.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:36
Regular
The second screen would work great for that.

The top screen could work as the main action, the second screen features ammo supplies, radar, health etc...

When you want to change weapons you simply touch the weapon (on the touch screen remember) to switch to it... or touch your "selected weapon" to re-load...

totally reduces the amount of buttons needed.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:23
Regular
And you need to buy them to control your Gamecube with? ;-)

No, I know what you meant.
Wireless co-operative RPG action would be fantastic.

Infact, THAT could sell the DS alone in Japan.

We'd need Wireless Goldeneye over here, the extra screen being your health and the scores, and maybe a radar. :-D
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:20
Regular
But you see the enemies actually appear on the screen... like in Zelda... if someone has their menu up it would distract a path, distract from the gameplay, if someone is fighting in that corner then they wouldn't be able to see what's happening.

It would get in the way.

Yes a cheaper alternative is better... Nintendo obviously realize a second screen is needed in future systems to get this excellent idea to work. So perhaps a screen in a controller?

Or maybe a handheld system that has 2 screens?

Oh wait.
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:16
Regular
I've got a 20 inch, which would be alright.

A 14 inch coudl JUST handle it. Remember, just a slightly enlarged GBA screen, not the GAB itself, and only as a make-do for people who can't play it otherwise.

It wouldn't work as well as the GBA, but it would atleast make the game accessable to people without the hardware. And I mean the FULL game, not jsut the single player! :-)
Thu 25/03/04 at 00:12
Regular
What size TV do you have?

4 GBA screens in a corner of the game? Whilst your friends try to see the enemies... but they can't because a GBA is covering the corner!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.