GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got TT:CC..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Tue 23/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
Why the hell do the t's in Crystal Chronicles look like f's?

I got very confused at the start of my adventure when I was told to 'tuck away any items in an envelope', I thought Square had goen a little too far giving it an adult edge.

Anyhoo, so far I'm loving it, even though I've only got 1-player to occupy me. Just completed the first boss, and it very much reminds me of OOT, with a tiny hint of Secret of Mana, which is obviously a good thing. Combat was extremely frustrating at first, but now it's starting to get better. The spells system seems to work well too, I can imagien it being brilliant in multiplayer.

Until I get an SP, though (never), I'll have to settle with 1-plater alone-ness. Muh.
Tue 23/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
Why the hell do the t's in Crystal Chronicles look like f's?

I got very confused at the start of my adventure when I was told to 'tuck away any items in an envelope', I thought Square had goen a little too far giving it an adult edge.

Anyhoo, so far I'm loving it, even though I've only got 1-player to occupy me. Just completed the first boss, and it very much reminds me of OOT, with a tiny hint of Secret of Mana, which is obviously a good thing. Combat was extremely frustrating at first, but now it's starting to get better. The spells system seems to work well too, I can imagien it being brilliant in multiplayer.

Until I get an SP, though (never), I'll have to settle with 1-plater alone-ness. Muh.
Tue 23/03/04 at 16:29
Regular
"accidental superher"
i personally am very disappointed in this FF game...i'm not bothered that they've decided to change the combat system (change is always good) but i'm more annoyed about just how seemingly shallow it is. totally devoid of a decent story and boring combat. nice graphics...but then graphics don't make a game good.
Tue 23/03/04 at 17:16
Regular
I'd hardly say it's shallow. The plot may be different to previous Final Fantasy games, but seems a lot mroe involving; instead of playing as some character, it feels more like you're playing as yourself, and the 'chronicles' set-up works great.

The gameplay has depth to it, too, the magic spells stop it from being a mere hack & slash title and work very well, as I said it feels a lot like Zelda, althought it's a shame that it (supposedly) doesn't last long enough).
Tue 23/03/04 at 21:35
Regular
With a mate I can safley call this the best Final Fantasy ever.

Without one it is a little hollow. still great though.
Tue 23/03/04 at 22:35
Regular
It's still a pain that you HAVE to use GBA's to play multiplayer.

Fair enough you'd need GBA's to get the BEST out of it, but to play multiplayer at all?
The reason why it's so fustrating is because it's the sort of game I always wanted... 4 Player co-operative RPG.
What went on the GBA screens could've been planted in each corner of the TV. Not as practical as a GBA link but do-able for someone who doesn't have 3 of them.

But hey, I can't afford it anyway.

And Rickoss, you know that GAD you told me about, I left it ONE day too late to claim! :'-(

It's because I had to renew my membership to get a game from it and I had to wait for a replacement card (having misplaced the last!).

Ooops. :-)
Tue 23/03/04 at 22:40
Regular
Now that is just gutting.

Oh well I guess only the lucky few can play the game...

Square and Nintendo wouldn't have done it unless it was absolutley neccessaray.
Tue 23/03/04 at 22:52
Regular
Neccesary to make the GBA Link actually worth something.

Seriously, other than slightly hindering the screen and letting other players see your details, what harm would having the GBA screen in each player's corner do?

I know Nintendo haven't done this to try an sell GBA's, but they've made too many assumptions about their fans and cut out half of them from the full game.
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:09
Regular
I think it's a smart idea and it still came in at number 5 in the UK charts which is pretty good going.

It stops play everytime someone needs to check their menu...

The emphasis on the game is to keep things moving and action packed, no random battles or heavily complex plot... and stopping every second to fiddle with your menu would really annoy fellow players.
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:19
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> I think it's a smart idea and it still came in at number 5 in the UK
> charts which is pretty good going.
>
> It stops play everytime someone needs to check their menu...

It does? Well that sucks.
>
> The emphasis on the game is to keep things moving and action packed,

I thought you just said it stops the game for menu checking?

> no random battles or heavily complex plot...

Ah but random battles are ok if they only make 10% of the games battles (see Gladius).

Also a half-decent plot is a good idea since it differentiates the game from various others. PSO's plot was really light which didn't give much incentive to continue, thankfully on PSO you could level up.

I still don't think I'd be impressed with this after trying PSO and completing the Baldur's Gates.

> and stopping every
> second to fiddle with your menu would really annoy fellow players.

But you state the game stops play if someone needs to check their menu. :S
Tue 23/03/04 at 23:22
Regular
No i meant if you didn't use the GBA's that is what would happen.

A multiplayer RPG needs to be quick, easily accessable, and fun...

A random battle game filled with statistics and people fiddling with their menu's ON THE SCREEN... would mean that the game would be slow and constantly stopping and starting.

The fun, fast paced FF game we get instead is made for multiplayer... it is why those single players don't enjoy it as much. Yes it isn't a massive in depth story with loads of mini-games... yes that stats aren't raised as you'd expect and the battles aren't random...

It depends how you look at it... either a dodgy RPG or a fantastic multiplayer game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.