GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wind Waker 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Thu 25/03/04 at 21:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
From Cube Europe:
"The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker director Eiji Aonuma yesterday confirmed in his GDC presentation that the sequel of Wind Waker will be showcased at the upcoming E3 in May. He will from now on also be acting as the producer for the upcoming Zelda titles. However, we were guaranteed that Shigeru Miyamoto will still have the final say when it comes to the Zelda series.

Furthermore, Aonuma hinted that the Nintendo DS will feature connectivity with Wind Waker II. He also spoke of a new Zelda title being development for the Nintendo DS, which would, of course, be a perfect launch title for the new Nintendo platform.

Finally, the new producer promised there will be changes in the series and that more information would be available at this year’s E3."

More changes? Back to 3D is unlikely though.. to keep production time to a minimum, they'll want to keep the same game engine.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I like horses. Bring back horses.

I can ride a horse in Harvest Moon and it makes me happy. My horse is called Snail. I want to be able to ride a snail in Zelda as well.

Bring back horses.

My predicition is that Link will be able to fly about on a giant bird

I put it in Bold so you would remember. I'm right - trust me.
Mon 29/03/04 at 23:00
Regular
I liked the sailing, but I prefer dungeon exploration and various boss battles. Both of which were lacking in The Wind Waker.
Mon 29/03/04 at 22:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Am I the only one who liked the sailing? It was incredibly relaxing, and after you got the Ballad of the Gales, you only had to sail two squares at the most to get to where you're going. And there's always chests, monsters, sea platforms, coin barrels etc. to keep you occupied.
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I think we would all still like to see a Zelda game that was based around the SSBM link style graphics. I certainly would if only for curiosity...

Anyway im not too fussed about graphics, I just hope they sort the gameplay out. Get rid of hours of sailing, more dungeons, more depth, less triforce chart collectinng style quests.
Sat 27/03/04 at 16:11
Regular
I think Cel Shaded graphics have a much larger potential than WinkWaker showed off.

The character expressions and animations weren't bad, but they were still fairly lifeless and characterless mostly.
Conker's Bad Fur Day had REAL character in it, and I think that's the sort of life Nintendo should be aiming to bring to the next Zelda game.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> I had more freedom in my attacks on The Wind Waker, could swing from
> branches and sail a boat. Wind Waker felt more real to me, even if
> the graphics were more rounded and of cartoon design.

I was talking graphics-wise, not gameplay-wise.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:44
"period drama"
Lovely.
Can't wait.

Well, I don't have much choice. But still ...
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:27
Regular
I had more freedom in my attacks on The Wind Waker, could swing from branches and sail a boat. Wind Waker felt more real to me, even if the graphics were more rounded and of cartoon design.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
But you cannot dissagree that it was more realistic than Wind Waker, despite being of lesser graphical quality.
Fri 26/03/04 at 19:16
Regular
The graphical style of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask was hardly close to realism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.