GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Goldeneye Needs You!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'GoldenEye 007'.
Fri 26/03/04 at 01:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
[URL]http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0307.shtml?[/URL]

Go vote for the best console FPS game ever.

Hurry! GO!
Fri 26/03/04 at 15:51
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goldeneye is a better game. It has better gameplay.
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:15
Regular
The greatness of Goldeneye lies with RARE's original desire to just have fun. They really made it fun to kill the baddies, if the scientist survived they'd attack you with grenades... you could make the soilders hobble along by shooting them in the foot...

Generally enjoy torturing people... bad but fun.

They also avoided any "HAVE TO" way of completing the game... depending how easy you found it you could either go in all guns blazing or stealthy... or a mix. And unlike Hitman this aspect did not seem forced down you.

Halo as great as it is as a class FPS was not as intelligent as Rare's comical and delightful little efforts.

This is why Goldeneye is the greatest FPS ever.
Fri 26/03/04 at 13:08
"I love yo... lamp."
From an unbiased stand point :-P, Halo is the better game in most ways. It has better graphics, sound, multiplayer, the game play is just as great and involving, and the tanks so much cooler. It is simply better than Goldeneye.

But Goldeneye remains my favourite ever game because Goldeneye invented console FPS games as a decent genre. Nothing until then was all that good. But Goldeneye was wonderful, it was a revelation. And of course it looks and sounds worse, but at the time it made the best use of the hardware as it could. The same goes for Halo, which we'll look back on in 2010 and think it looks dated and is now totally outdone. Because that is the way games go.

Halo is a classic, it does deserve its status. It bettered Goldeneye, but it never set new ground like Goldeneye did. And for that reason, Goldeneye got my vote.
Fri 26/03/04 at 12:35
Regular
I'd say Goldeneye is easily better as a game rather than a revolution.
Fri 26/03/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Halo is a classic, but Goldeneye was a revolution: Halo is evolution!
Fri 26/03/04 at 11:14
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> As great as Halo is, it's not quite Goldeneye.
>
> Looks like a lost cause though...
>
> I guess kids just can't appreciate how precious Goldeneye was when it
> came out. Or perhaps we were too experienced to appreciate
> Halo.
>
> Perhaps. :-)

bah, halo is wrongly proportion everything feels so strange distant and completelyy uninvolving, and yes i have given it a prolonged try!
Fri 26/03/04 at 11:07
Regular
If Halo wins, it shows how crap people are.
Fri 26/03/04 at 09:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was obsessed with Goldeneye, while Halo made me fall asleep.
Fri 26/03/04 at 09:24
Regular
As great as Halo is, it's not quite Goldeneye.

Looks like a lost cause though...

I guess kids just can't appreciate how precious Goldeneye was when it came out. Or perhaps we were too experienced to appreciate Halo.

Perhaps. :-)
Fri 26/03/04 at 01:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
Apparently again? :|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.