GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rental Website Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/01/10 at 22:56
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
As I hear that many people on the website are either currently using, or possibly planning on using one of the many rental sites that are available, I've decided to create this thread to try and keep members recommendations and experiences together. If anyone wants me to add anything else to the information, don't cease to ask and I'll attempt to put it on.

To see more details about a particular service, click the spoiler tag.

Boomerang Rentals

Films/Games: Games only (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

LOVEFiLM

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

Tesco Rentals

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

*It should be noted that there have been reports that having had a LOVEFiLM/Tesco Rental free trial makes you inelligible for the free trial of the other, as they are the same service

Swapgame.com

Films/Games: Games only (Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance)

Show Spoiler

Games Frenzy

Films/Games: Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

GAME Rentals

Films/Games: Games (PS3, XBox360, Wii, possibly more)

Show Spoiler

Gamesmonster

Films/Games: Games (XBox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

Blockbuster

Films/Games: DVDs, Blu-Ray (Vouchers for game rentals in-store available on some packages)

Show Spoiler

Haven't quite finished the list yet, but I'm currently updating it now, any help compiling information in the list would be appreciated.
Thu 28/01/10 at 12:23
Regular
"THFC"
Mine has updated now when i go into my rental list (not on the side view)

Oblivion is on its way to me, a game i wanted to try for some time as i heard good things about it. Looking forward to trying it out, might be a bit too open for me but hey, its only rented lol
Thu 28/01/10 at 12:09
Regular
"THFC"
Odd that its happening to everyone lol, but hopefully they sort their act out and send me a new game!! They have been pretty good up until now.
Thu 28/01/10 at 11:56
"possibly impossible"
It's weird as I've just got the same problem from Boomerang too. Game was received 2 days ago but no new game sent out yet. Sent them a reply on Twitter about it
Thu 28/01/10 at 11:45
Regular
"And in last place.."
Emmie87 wrote:
> Is it me or does this seem slow;
>
> Sent a Game back to LoveFilm Monday, still not updated their site
> with the next game i am going to get.....
>
> I would expect it to be delivered Friday at the latest.

It is slow and they are not usually this bad. I'm finding them slow at the moment and have a similar scenario to you. I posted the film on Sunday so would have been picked up on Monday but they haven't sent out the next one yet.
Thu 28/01/10 at 10:09
Regular
"THFC"
Is it me or does this seem slow;

Sent a Game back to LoveFilm Monday, still not updated their site with the next game i am going to get.....

I would expect it to be delivered Friday at the latest.
Mon 25/01/10 at 15:41
Regular
"8==="
I just pay for a Love Film Game account each month - so far it's working out well as I've had 5 games out for about 15 quid total. I am being sly and running a free film rental trial alongside my paid for games trial though.

No contracts either.
Mon 25/01/10 at 15:33
Regular
"And in last place.."
I got a few extra rentals the last time LoveFilm did that but you have to be careful with having multiple lists and using an extra credit or, like me, you will find yourself getting a film instead of a game.
Mon 25/01/10 at 15:06
Regular
"THFC"
I just got an e-mail from LoveFIlm, they got a prize thingy going on, if you add 10 or more films to your list a week your entered into winning Blu Ray Players, HD TV, Portable DVD players and everyone gets a free extra rental. A nice little offer i thought!
Mon 25/01/10 at 13:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> Sticky'd for prosperity.

Jason likes this

I'd say it has become a sudden craze - we are all doing it! Looks like winners all round - all the sites listed seem to have a freeola user subscribed to them, we all have a huge amount of games to play through and freeola will now have lots of game related content posted from it's users.

win-win-win-fail (us paying for it)
Mon 25/01/10 at 13:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Sticky'd for prosperity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.