GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rental Website Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/01/10 at 22:56
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
As I hear that many people on the website are either currently using, or possibly planning on using one of the many rental sites that are available, I've decided to create this thread to try and keep members recommendations and experiences together. If anyone wants me to add anything else to the information, don't cease to ask and I'll attempt to put it on.

To see more details about a particular service, click the spoiler tag.

Boomerang Rentals

Films/Games: Games only (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

LOVEFiLM

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

Tesco Rentals

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

*It should be noted that there have been reports that having had a LOVEFiLM/Tesco Rental free trial makes you inelligible for the free trial of the other, as they are the same service

Swapgame.com

Films/Games: Games only (Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance)

Show Spoiler

Games Frenzy

Films/Games: Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

GAME Rentals

Films/Games: Games (PS3, XBox360, Wii, possibly more)

Show Spoiler

Gamesmonster

Films/Games: Games (XBox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

Blockbuster

Films/Games: DVDs, Blu-Ray (Vouchers for game rentals in-store available on some packages)

Show Spoiler

Haven't quite finished the list yet, but I'm currently updating it now, any help compiling information in the list would be appreciated.
Tue 19/01/10 at 22:56
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
As I hear that many people on the website are either currently using, or possibly planning on using one of the many rental sites that are available, I've decided to create this thread to try and keep members recommendations and experiences together. If anyone wants me to add anything else to the information, don't cease to ask and I'll attempt to put it on.

To see more details about a particular service, click the spoiler tag.

Boomerang Rentals

Films/Games: Games only (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

LOVEFiLM

Show Spoiler

Tesco Rentals

Show Spoiler

*It should be noted that there have been reports that having had a LOVEFiLM/Tesco Rental free trial makes you inelligible for the free trial of the other, as they are the same service

Swapgame.com

Films/Games: Games only (Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance)

Show Spoiler

Games Frenzy

Films/Games: Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

GAME Rentals

Films/Games: Games (PS3, XBox360, Wii, possibly more)

Show Spoiler

Gamesmonster

Films/Games: Games (XBox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

Blockbuster

Films/Games: DVDs, Blu-Ray (Vouchers for game rentals in-store available on some packages)

Show Spoiler

Haven't quite finished the list yet, but I'm currently updating it now, any help compiling information in the list would be appreciated.
Wed 20/01/10 at 07:55
Regular
"THFC"
I am with LoveFilm!

Fairly happy so far, need to adjust some lists etc so i have games and DVD's at the same time! But the price i pay £18 a month allows for up to 3 discs at a time and unlimited rentals.

Seems good value to me.
Wed 20/01/10 at 08:15
Regular
"THFC"
Just created a couple of different lists on Lovefilm and looks like the way forward (thanks to Dav for that)

I will not get 1 disc from my Games List, DVD/Blu Ray List & TV Series List, so this all works out well and gives me the best variety!
Wed 20/01/10 at 08:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I am with Tesco DVD rental (as I was given a 2 month free trial from a colleague). I've stuck with them (and I believe it's almost like Love Film).

Not seen the list option with Tesco, but in all fairness I never really looked for it.
Wed 20/01/10 at 11:10
"possibly impossible"
Used most of them back when they were all seperate companies (should be a post on these very forums from a few years back) and got about a years worth of free rentals from them all!

Don't forget Blockbuster rental as well, another one that gives you a month's trial.

Lovefilm were good but I stopped when I didn't have time to watch anything any more.

Currently on Boomerang and they're fast at sending the discs out, plus they have old classic titles like Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 (a game that EVERYONE should play as it's a highlight of the last decade of gaming).
Wed 20/01/10 at 14:24
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I believe that you now have to pay for the Blockbuster trials, for 2 weeks. Can't see a mention of games rentals in the online section of Blockbusters either, which is a bit strange. I'll add it as film only for now, until I can confirm games
Wed 20/01/10 at 14:48
Regular
"And in last place.."
I am with LoveFilm but I removed the games from my package so that I could play some of the games I actually own.
Wed 20/01/10 at 15:02
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I'll be tempted to take a rental holiday come March when I will likely get FFXIII, so I can have chance to play that for a decent amount of time. I feel a sense of requirement to finish the rental games without any usage of my owned games.
Wed 20/01/10 at 15:03
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I only joined boomerang last night so I cant comment on their service, have only heard good things about them though. Wish I had known you were a member pb, could have got you to send me a referral and you would have got a months rental for free.
Wed 20/01/10 at 17:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Renting definitely is the craze right now. Hope freeola get some sort of referral bonus! Who knows, we could have started a craze!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.