GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The bad things about GameCube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 14:16
Regular
I've been reading through a load of issues of N64 Mag and other stuff and my own knmowledge of GameCube to make up a list of GameCubes bad points.

1. It's purple. T.V's are always black or silver. Not a nice combination.

2. The infrared controller without a wire, the one they call Wavebird is great to use, untilyour dog goes and sits right in front of the console!

3. It's too small. What do I fill the gap in my cabinet with?

4. err.....

5. hmmm...
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
3 not even bad points about GC. Shows how good it really is.
Mon 13/08/01 at 21:31
Mind you, it needs all the help it can get at the moment. It's hasn't really taken off, to be honest.
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:10
Good for us
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:04
Maybe so, Owl. It'll never sell well though.
Mon 13/08/01 at 20:00
The play station does not deserve a nice name Crapstation extreme will do
Tue 07/08/01 at 22:09
Turbonutter wrote:
> NES -> SNES?

Pfff. better than having a "2" tagged onto the end.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What else is there? PlayStation Evolution? That's so cliché. The PS2 is good.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

A very famous bloke once said that. You should listen to him.
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:43
Regular
they called it advance....they didnt call it Gameboy 3,4 5 or whatever. i suppose Sony might have tried a few names instead of "2" but maybe "2" just had the best ring to it. nothing against the name...just saying it was too easy. maybe the Playstation Advance?! no....Playstation X?..
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That was a last boost to the sales of the PSone. It was intended for Japs only, as they like that sort of thing.

OK, take the GBA. The GBA has better graphics, same with PS2. The GBA is backwards compatable, same with PS2. The GBA bears no resemblance to the GBC, same with PS2.

Did they call it something different? No, because teh GameBoy brand wouldn't be their and the console wouldn't be as popular. It's the same with the PS2.
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:11
Regular
good point, but there again the Gameboy color was exactly the same as the normal gameboy except it was smaller and in color. similar in the psx--->psone thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.