GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The bad things about GameCube"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 14:16
Regular
I've been reading through a load of issues of N64 Mag and other stuff and my own knmowledge of GameCube to make up a list of GameCubes bad points.

1. It's purple. T.V's are always black or silver. Not a nice combination.

2. The infrared controller without a wire, the one they call Wavebird is great to use, untilyour dog goes and sits right in front of the console!

3. It's too small. What do I fill the gap in my cabinet with?

4. err.....

5. hmmm...
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:16
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've been reading through a load of issues of N64 Mag and other stuff and my own knmowledge of GameCube to make up a list of GameCubes bad points.

1. It's purple. T.V's are always black or silver. Not a nice combination.

2. The infrared controller without a wire, the one they call Wavebird is great to use, untilyour dog goes and sits right in front of the console!

3. It's too small. What do I fill the gap in my cabinet with?

4. err.....

5. hmmm...
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:35
You don't really have 5 great reasons do you!

From recent pictures that I've seen , the GameCube's colour has changed slightly to a blueier colour. Also aren't they releasing multiple colours? They will have a black or silver one probably.

The wavebird controller? Its better for the dog to sit in front of the controller than to have it chew up all the cables which is what my new pup has done. I had to replace two N64 and one Dreamcast Controllers!
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Chr!stos wrote:
From recent
> pictures that I've seen , the GameCube's colour has changed slightly
> to a blueier colour. Also aren't they releasing multiple colours?
> They will have a black or silver one probably.

I read that Nintendo had decided not to make the GameCube in different colours, only purple.
Mon 30/07/01 at 14:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Has your pup ever left you a present on the controller before?
Mon 30/07/01 at 16:15
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I don't think you've got any valid reasons there. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the purple GCN ever sees the light of day! There's nothing wrong with it being small either. Finally, your complaint about the wireless comtroller is pretty pathetic!
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
kingklik wrote:
> I don't think you've got any valid reasons there. I wouldn't be
> surprised at all if the purple GCN ever sees the light of day!
> There's nothing wrong with it being small either. Finally, your
> complaint about the wireless comtroller is pretty pathetic!

No I don't, do I?

I actually put this topic up because I wanted one from me about Gamecube, and they were the first bad things I could think of.

That "complaint" about the Wavebird controller is true though. Very often my dog does sit in front of the tele.

One problem about it being small is the fact that smaller things are more likely to damage it a lot, whereas if it was big, small things would only partially damage it.
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:45
Regular
Gamecube is definitly coming out in other colors. IN the US retailers have already started taking pre-orders for a variety of colors. Balck being one of them to go nicely with your TV. BUt does the color matter anyway? seeing as its so small.
Mon 30/07/01 at 18:02
Regular
im not really bothered about the colour but then again i would prefer not to have that ugly purple one, im glad its small, better small than (no offence)an ugly breeze block that is the original playstation 1.
Mon 30/07/01 at 18:27
I'm worried about the handling of the controller pad - although Shigsy did hold it during E3, it looks slightly - unnatural.
Mon 30/07/01 at 18:34
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the wabvebird is radio not infared and the gamecube is coming in different colors. i saw it on the nintendo site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.