GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet hates"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 13:59
Regular
No, not which animals you do or don't like, but the little things that annoy the hell out of you, while being insignificant to other people.

What are yours? Here's a list of my top 5. And yes, I do have far too much time on my hands...

1. Flies. Not the ones on your trousers, but the insect variety. Why do they always manage to fly in a straight line long enough to squeeze past your net curtains, but then go into 'loop' mode - flying around in circles inside your house, and never managing to get out again?

2. Moths. What sort of idiot creature hides from the light all day, then comes out when it gets dark, only to fly towards the nearest light? Why don't they come out during the day and fly towards the sun?

3. Going to the toilet. "Number one's" isn't so bad, but "Number two's" is such a waste. Surely after millions of years of evolution, nature should have come up with a way of utilising every part of what we eat or drink, instead of expelling most of it?

4. Shaving. I hate shaving, yet I have to because I hate having a 'tache and beard even more. It's such a complete waste of time. Again, you'd think nature would realise, "Ooh, they keep cutting it off... maybe they don't like it... let's do away with it then." If only there was some way to turn off facial hair growth!

5. Tesco milk cartons. They put those stupid little plastic 'spouts' in them - but they're too far back in the carton, and completely the wrong shape. I dare anyone to try pouring milk out of them - you ALWAYS get two streams - one goes onto your cereal or into your tea, the other always seems to think that your kitchen floor or work-surface isn't quite sticky enough, and makes its way straight there. I always cut off the corner of the carton at the opposite end - it's much better and cleaner that way.

So there you go - another pointless topic. Hopefully at least one person will find it mildly amusing enough to respond with their own pet hates...
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Pet Hates in Gaming:

Barbie Race and Ride: Just what WAS the point of it? It served no discernable gaming purpose, it just WAS.

EA Sports "It's in the game" voice: It bugs me, I don't know why, it just does. At the start of every EA Sports game, which is likely to be a sequel anyway, you get "It's in the game" at the start. You KNOW that, why do they have to keep reminding us? And then you go on to play the sequel, and realise that you could have saved yourself £30 just by doing a few transfers between the teams on your old version...

That 'special' breed of Ninty: I admit, not all Ninty's are bad, just that 'special' case of Ninty that crops up now and again with their flamethrowers and asterixes.

The control system in RC Stuntcopter on the PSX: It WAS a great game, it made perfect use of the twin analogue joysticks on the PSX controller to emulate a radio controller for a remote control helicopter, but it was just TOO perfect, resulting in a massively difficult game.

Terrapins: If they ever make a game with terrapins in it, I will not buy it.

Star Trek Games: Why aren't there MORE of them out there for consoles? How come Star Wars gets all the glory on all formats, whereas Star Trek games get relegated to the second rate B-list console game category, if they get ported over from the PC in the first place that is.

Computer Magazines: Why is it that one month they'll do 5 news stories, the next month 5 previews, the next month 5 reviews, the month after that 5 walkthroughs, ALL OF THE SAME 5 GAMES?? It just fills up pages and hypes it more, but it's annoying.

Postage and Packing: Why? Why do companies still charge p&p on the web? Why not make things a LOT simpler and include for it in the prices instead of people having to worry about extras?

Joypads: Why do they always get so gungy so quickly? (If that's just me, ignore this one).

Nintendo packaging for games: Cardboard boxes? C'mon, get with it Nintendo! Cheap packaging dies quickly, making it very hard to resell your games later at 'mint condition' prices.

People who say 'pah'.
Mon 30/07/01 at 17:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Much longer than expected, but I'm back.
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:39
Alright!
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:39
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Oh.

Sorry, but I have to go for something now. Back in quarter an hour, okay.
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:38
Webby gets a couple of mentions then!
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:36
No, I just found it. It was when Quazimodo made a complaint against Khazar and Tony said to complain to Webby via an e-mail! Check the TONY thread!
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I remember now.

Check out the original post in
EXTRA EXTRA FILMADAY/GAMEDAY MAD BANNER.2 in FOG(chat)
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:34
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I've never seen the user "Webby" make a post on the site, but I can remember reading a post from Tony saying something about him and Webby checking something. Can't remember what, or where I read it though. I think it was an Extra Extra Gameaday compo, but not sure.
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:30
When I'm talking about webby the spider my skin crawls! His special move is the spin attack where he spins his sticky web of doom!

And yes, it is a good thing that I went into detail isn't it, I didn't even know that there was someone called Webby on this site!
Mon 30/07/01 at 15:27
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Webby? It's a good thing you gave more description about him, because you would have got a lot of trouble from the SR Staff Newbie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.