GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Computer...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/03/04 at 07:40
Regular
": ("
...keeps on automatically restarting after a few hours, is there anyway i can stop this as its very annoying. When it restarts it asks a question if i wanna send a report about it. Please help.
Fri 02/04/04 at 20:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Safe Computing!

*Flies off*
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:36
Regular
Should work now...thanks to cookie monster. cheers.
Fri 02/04/04 at 17:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There is a possible way to solve the problem. If you are using XP then there is an option in control panel > system > advanced > startup and recovery settings then untick the Automatically restart box.

Although without knowing the real guts of the problem you may not want to do that.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:41
Regular
Well it only started about a month ago, it does say Windows did not shut down properly when it reboots.
Fri 02/04/04 at 15:22
Regular
"\\"
I experince this problem, although not nearly as often, it's happend about 10 times over the past year.
Wed 31/03/04 at 10:12
Machine spec?
Tue 30/03/04 at 21:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> dark child wrote:
> does it shutdown first or does it just suddenly reset without
> warning?
>
> It just goes to a black screen then a few seconds after it starts to
> re-boot, its probably forcing itself to restart as it only does it
> when im on the Pc for about 5 hours.

Does it go through a normal reboot? Or do you get the "windows was not shut down properly" stuff? Is it possibly a power supply issue?
Tue 30/03/04 at 21:21
Regular
dark child wrote:
> does it shutdown first or does it just suddenly reset without warning?

It just goes to a black screen then a few seconds after it starts to re-boot, its probably forcing itself to restart as it only does it when im on the Pc for about 5 hours.
Tue 30/03/04 at 17:23
Regular
"uncopyable"
I think, before we start advising the guy what water cooling set up he should buy, he needs to go into a little more detail about the nature of his system restarts.

There are 100's of things that could make this happen. Does the computer blue screen? Does it just instantly reset itself and go back into POST? What spec is you computer?

Yes, it may be the cooling, but if this is the case you should also be able to see other signs of the over heating in terms of system instability, before the computer restarts.

Maybe start by downloading a temp sensor program and see what motherboard temps you are getting.

More info. I may be damn good, but I am not a mind reader.

Yet ;-)
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cipro wrote:
> How about Water Cooling? I hear that's a good way to cool the inside
> of your PC and also helps cut down on noise, though a decent kit is
> going to cost you.

The majority of the pre-made kits suck ass. If you want to watercool you should really source each part and build it yourself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.