GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got My Ninty VIP stuff..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/04/04 at 10:48
Regular
GBA SP keyring and the Iridion 3D CD.

CD looks alright, only has three tracks on it, so I'll have to see later, but the keyring's pretty... crap. It's really heavy, it does fold it up, but the buttons, screen, everything are all the same. It doesn't really matter too much, only a keyring, but I was hoping for one of those really detailed things, the free one in NOM's even better.

I also got R: Racing and Pac-Man. I'll hopefully get to play Pac-Man later tonight, and R: Racing a bit earlier. R: Racing hasn't got great reviews, but Pac-Man should rock.

Hitman 2 and PSO3 are on their way too. Lot's of stuff!
Sun 04/04/04 at 19:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Please don't tell me its taken you THAT long to figure this out?
Sun 04/04/04 at 19:22
Regular
everything good is sold out in nintendo vip!
Sun 04/04/04 at 17:17
Regular
Been playing it a bit more and it is good, just not quite the brilliant game people were saying it was, and the AI is highly irratic.

The fourth level really is genius. The first three were fairly simple, and didn't require that much skill, but there's loads more body-hiding and camera-smashing action to be had. Clearing out a room of guards and dumping them in one place is great fun, but again there's no huge challenge to be found.

I'm hoping there's still better to come, so far it's just 'good'.

As for PSO3, it's alright, combat system works well, but it just doesn't work. The implimentation of the system is a bit iffy and you don't really feel like you're playing the right game as you're battling. Still, It's a pleasent surprise that it isn't the disaster I was expecting (primarily bought to re-sell as it was £12).

Harvest Moon rules all, though, everyone should own it.
Sat 03/04/04 at 14:02
Regular
Maybe I just need to play it more... I don't know. Oh, and I didn't just go blasting-crazy and sluaghter everyone in sight; I picked people off, hid their bodies and the like, but the controls just didn't feel fluent. 47's movement just doesn't seem natural and trying to use weapons like the wire or kitchen knife is very awkward. After taking ages sneaking up to a moving enemy with some cheese wire, I finally got a chance to slice his neck off and somehow 47 managed to miss, then the guard continued to turn around and blow me to pieces so I was forced to use fire power.

I just can't see it getting that much better, that's all. I'll complete it and, if I still don't feel any different, sell it.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:47
Regular
Hitman 2 is an absolute fantastic game and I loved it...

Till Harvest Moon and Prince of Persia took away my life.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:38
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> I have to say, I'm very disappointed with Himan 2. A shoddy control
> system and dire AI really let it down, which is a shame because the
> level design is great and figuring out different strategies is great.
> From what I've played, the levels are either too easy or crap AI lets
> them down. Oh, and to top it all off, the animations are pretty poor,
> too.

Rubbish. The controls are excellent once you get used to them and there's nothing wrong with the AI or the animation.

I did play it on the Xbox, but I doubt there's much difference between the 2 versions. The levels are far from easy, I'd love to see you manage to get a silent assassin rating on any of the levels easily. If you're just running and gunning then sure the levels might seem easy, but attempting to do it steathily and the levels can take absoloutly ages to complete.
Sat 03/04/04 at 12:21
Regular
Got some more stuff today; USA PSO3 (£12) and Hitman 2 (£7.99) :-D

I have to say, I'm very disappointed with Himan 2. A shoddy control system and dire AI really let it down, which is a shame because the level design is great and figuring out different strategies is great. From what I've played, the levels are either too easy or crap AI lets them down. Oh, and to top it all off, the animations are pretty poor, too.

PSO 3, though, is a pleasent surprise. I wasn't really sure what this 'new direction' for the series was, but you know what? It's alright. It's very much a 3D versiopn of Final Fantasy Tactics (well, kind of), with the nice touch of using creatures. Still unsure how to use the cards I've won, though, which is quite disappointing.

After about four hours playing, I can safely say Harvest Moon and R: Racing kick both of their rears, though.
Sat 03/04/04 at 00:51
Regular
I would've liked that SP keyring.

I'd pay for it if someone was willing to sell at a very reasonable price.

I'm disappointed the Iridion soundtrack has only three tracks on it. Am still waiting for it to arrive. If it doesn't by the end of April, I'll ask for me stars back.
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I really like the look of the game, but the temptation of Twin Snakes was too much. Why oh why do developers release so many good games at once.

Harvest Moon, Splinter Cell: PT and Twin Snakes one Friday

R: Racing/Pacman the next

I'm not made of money OR time.
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:18
Regular
I've been playing R: Racing for an couple of hours and I have to say, it's not bad! Very, very easy, and you can't seem to reverse (WTF?!?), but still good fun getting a line perfect and it seems to be a game that needs to mastered to enjoy.

Bah, still haven't got a chance to play Pac-Man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.