GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crash Bandicoot's Originality"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex'.
Fri 02/04/04 at 18:32
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Anyone who's read my review on "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" will know that I am not too amused. Unleashed on the next-generation consoles, it didn't impress me with the way the good old PS1 games did. "Crash Bandicoot 2" for instance is awesome. Ruined by the company Travellers Tales and now with a bad-graphics racing game, it doesn't stop. Even "Crash Nitro Cart" as it's called is a different company to "THe Wrath of Cortex".

Poor Crash - he should have been left to the PlaystationX.
Mon 26/04/04 at 19:36
"the golden parsnip"
The Hibernator wrote:
> mattributé wrote:
> Crash has always been average.
>
> Well, I'd disagree. "Crash Bandicoot 2" was the second ever
> Playstation game I ever played. Today, it's still my favourite one of
> the series. This marsupial may have been average in the first one,
> and he is now below average on the next generation consoles. But in
> the second one - he was NEVER average.
C. B. 2 is the best!!! Cortex is toooooo hard though
Tue 13/04/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
It's not just Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider this has happened to.It's also happened to poor Spyro.I mean,the PS1 Spyro games were great,but now it's on PS2,Gamecube and GBA.The GBA Spyro games aren't too bad but the PS2 and Gamecube Spyro games are crap.Oh,and I just remembered that Rayman is another example for this.Rayman 2 was fab,Ubi Soft made an awesome attemp to turn Rayman 3D,and it worked.But now they've just gone OTT.
Thu 08/04/04 at 14:06
Regular
"For One Night Only"
mattributé wrote:
> Crash has always been average.

Well, I'd disagree. "Crash Bandicoot 2" was the second ever Playstation game I ever played. Today, it's still my favourite one of the series. This marsupial may have been average in the first one, and he is now below average on the next generation consoles. But in the second one - he was NEVER average.
Wed 07/04/04 at 18:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Crash has always been average.
Sun 04/04/04 at 22:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ah, i never liked Tomb Raider at all, but i have played a few of them and i can see why the first was so popular, but they're all just so samey.. :-\
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Thankyou for agreeing with me. You're are, ofcourse totally right about Tomb Raider. It all went wrong for me with "Tomb Raider Chronicles".
Sat 03/04/04 at 08:58
Regular
"you've got a beard"
that's what happens to franchised characters i'm afraid mate :(
unless they are controlled properly (like Mario and Sonic were) they'll start appearing in all kinds of pitiful games. The decline in the Tomb Raider series is another fine example of this, relying on the character to carry a poor game, especially the latest one on PS2 (angel of darkness is it?).
Fri 02/04/04 at 18:32
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Anyone who's read my review on "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" will know that I am not too amused. Unleashed on the next-generation consoles, it didn't impress me with the way the good old PS1 games did. "Crash Bandicoot 2" for instance is awesome. Ruined by the company Travellers Tales and now with a bad-graphics racing game, it doesn't stop. Even "Crash Nitro Cart" as it's called is a different company to "THe Wrath of Cortex".

Poor Crash - he should have been left to the PlaystationX.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.