GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crash Bandicoot's Originality"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex'.
Fri 02/04/04 at 18:32
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Anyone who's read my review on "Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex" will know that I am not too amused. Unleashed on the next-generation consoles, it didn't impress me with the way the good old PS1 games did. "Crash Bandicoot 2" for instance is awesome. Ruined by the company Travellers Tales and now with a bad-graphics racing game, it doesn't stop. Even "Crash Nitro Cart" as it's called is a different company to "THe Wrath of Cortex".

Poor Crash - he should have been left to the PlaystationX.
Tue 13/07/04 at 18:33
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Yes, but Kart-racing had been along way before Crash team racing, I Know, but this thread isnt talking about the originality of CTR, it is talknig about just the basic platforming Crash.
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:24
Regular
Ah yes, just like Crash Team Racing was the first Mario Kart clone on the PSOne.
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:19
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Crash bandicoot is original, it was the first platformer on the Ps-one.
Sun 11/07/04 at 17:01
Regular
All the Crash Bandicoot's are unoriginal tripe.
Sun 11/07/04 at 12:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
BiGGiE L͆†L€ Jn®™ wrote:
> Probably just because of it's originality it was the first of it's
> kind around.

ORIGINAL? Had you never played any SNES platformers?
Sat 10/07/04 at 20:07
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Tomb raider is creepy, on chronicles if you click select on the main menu u got onto this different level where you crawl through a lab, was quite cool though!
Sat 10/07/04 at 20:02
Regular
"\\"
Tomb Raider games are the most creepy games i've ever played.

Not in the fact the story and surroundings, but some things that happend when i just started to mess around after getting bored... Like on the third one, i just mashed away at my controller, and the next thing i know i'm swimming in mid air. And on chronicles, some guy just started speaking (couldnt see him or anything) about aload of crap.
Sat 10/07/04 at 20:00
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> as for Crash1
> being one of the greatest games of all time? HUH?

Probably just because of it's originality it was the first of it's kind around.
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Wrath Of Cortex is ok. I only really got into Spyro2 and as for Crash1 being one of the greatest games of all time? HUH? Tomb raider 1 was brilliant then Eidos were making to many changes to the character and the person who created it left. Though Tomb raider2 was exelent it started going downhill at 3 but even 3 was above average. The Last revailation was absolute class but then Chronicles took it back down with being criminally short.

I though The angel Of darkness was alright myself but thats just me.
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:49
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I think Thr original Crash has to be considered as one of the best games of all time. 'Twas ok them making a couple of sequels, but they've made 9 different games including Crash bash, Two crash karters and crash fusion. Ok, it was good bringing them onto Ps2 with wrath of cortex, but it is getting a bit lame and poor old crashy is a shadow of his former self...:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.