GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the Playstation forum dead?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/04/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
That's the question I keep asking myself. There are only about 30 posts a day and about half of them are from me. So come on guys, let's get this forum up and running again. At the moment there are just threads asking for help in games.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Balls"
Mav wrote:
> I'll be ordering Devil May Cry soon.
>
> There's still life in the old dog yet.

yes a good game, but still theres nothing new to look forward to. im leaning towards PC games at the moment, i want to play online against friends.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:18
Regular
I'll be ordering Devil May Cry soon.

There's still life in the old dog yet.
Sun 04/04/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Balls"
ummm, final fantasy, but thats over now. and there are no more good releases coming up. so its up to the console lovers to keep the coversation alive.
Sun 04/04/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Lou Role wrote:
> Lou Role wrote:
> I guess there's just nothing worth talking about on the PS2 just
> now.
> Not to worry, once San Andreas arrives this place will be
> overflowing
> with 'GTA is gr8' topics.
>
> Looking back at this post, I realise I was a little ignorant by
> making that comment.
>
> I guess it depends on whose perspective you look at it from. There
> are people who own just the PS2, so there may well be plenty to talk
> about from their perspective, because obviously they are going to buy
> multi-format games on their PS2's.
>
> But from people who own other consoles as well as a PS2, then they
> may well buy multi-format games for their other consoles, so it's
> easy to forget about the PS2 due to it's apparent lack of exclusive
> titles.

I agree. XB0X have Halo and lots of others, Gamecube have the Mario, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Pikmin, Monkey Ball, F Zero GX games plus lots and lots more but what do Ps2 have other than Pro Evolution Soccer, Ico and Rez?
Sun 04/04/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> I guess there's just nothing worth talking about on the PS2 just now.
> Not to worry, once San Andreas arrives this place will be overflowing
> with 'GTA is gr8' topics.

Looking back at this post, I realise I was a little ignorant by making that comment.

I guess it depends on whose perspective you look at it from. There are people who own just the PS2, so there may well be plenty to talk about from their perspective, because obviously they are going to buy multi-format games on their PS2's.

But from people who own other consoles as well as a PS2, then they may well buy multi-format games for their other consoles, so it's easy to forget about the PS2 due to it's apparent lack of exclusive titles.
Sun 04/04/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Silën† Thundêr wrote:
> Wakka wrote:
> There are only about 30 posts a day
>
> Hey this topic was posted today and now has 49 replies. :-)

Wa-hey. The forum is becoming popular(ish) again!
Sat 03/04/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah ok then, i also use mine for Japanese releases and stuff so that's why i had mine modded instead of just getting a NTSC model
Sat 03/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
US NTSC games is all I am interested in though. Metal Gear 3 and GTA: San Andreas. The rest will purely be games like Xenosaga that won't be released over here.
Sat 03/04/04 at 21:28
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Wakka wrote:
> There are only about 30 posts a day

Hey this topic was posted today and now has 49 replies. :-)
Sat 03/04/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Costs a little more but also does alot more and gives you more options instead of just NTSC releases

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.