GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina or Majora?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Tue 06/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Me and Rickoss were arguing which of the two Zelda's of the N64 was better.

I firmly think it is Ocarina of Time.
He thinks Majora.

Discuss.
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:22
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> That's a good point I never actually saw it like that.
>
>
> It makes a change when we agree on something! :-D

No it doesn't :P
Wed 14/04/04 at 02:28
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> That's a good point I never actually saw it like that.

It makes a change when we agree on something! :-D
Wed 14/04/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Balls"
Ocarina also gets my vote. i loved it so many more levels, much harder than majora. i prefer a challange.
Tue 13/04/04 at 23:12
Regular
"rock kickin!"
agin oot.
Tue 13/04/04 at 20:57
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Ocarina of Time gets my vote.
Tue 13/04/04 at 12:53
Regular
That's a good point I never actually saw it like that.
Mon 12/04/04 at 21:49
Regular
You had to find the witch to do the target shooting game, which might've been annoying, but other than that you only needed to do it once.
Then, once you found the owl song you could just warp to the place she takes you to.

Also, the thing with Orcarina is that when something was done it was done, you had to start the game again to do it again.
With Majora you could mess around and do your favourite bits as many times as you pleased.

Fighting bosses again, sneaking past Guerudo's again etc.

I mean, talking about that Witch.
Seeing the shop Witch's face when she finds out what happened to her sister was priceless. You'd never see that again if you did the puzzle and it was done for good...
Mon 12/04/04 at 20:52
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Bckpac wrote:
> It has to be Ocarina, Majora is too annoying with having to travel
> back in time every hour.
>
> Blasphemy, that was the genius of it all.

One of the main things I remember about Majora's Mask was having to find that witch in the woods over and over again. The time system was a very interesting and magical innovation for the most part, but on the other hand you had the repitition, annoyance and shallow-ness of it.
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:48
Regular
"rock kickin!"
i know you know im perfectchaos!!!!
Mon 12/04/04 at 11:59
Regular
How long was one of Majora's hours?

A minute?

If so, that gave you 72 minutes for one whole session of play.
Ofcourse, that's not quite enough if you want to go through a temple, but if you played the slowing down song (song of Time backwards) then you had 144 minutes - almost 2 and a half hours, which is more than enough for one session.

Besides, you had items as checkpoints - half the temple was finding the items (or the new arrow type in this case) and then that unlocked the second half.
And if you want to stop play until your next go then just play the owl song and you're at the nearest save point.

That was as far as inconvenience went.

The rest was perfect, and really brought the game to life as you had people who went about lives for 3 days. It was still basic, and only a select few really had a life (while the rest had one incident and then did the same thing day after day for the rest of the game) it still worked really well, and SHOULD be taken further.

I knew Windwaker wouldn't be able to put in the time aspect of the game but I atleast thought the people would have SOME life to get involved with. The closest was that girl who you caught stealing.

THAT was the best bit of the game. If you got a bit too close for comfort:

"Who's there?"
"Meeeeeoooooooww!"

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.