GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nin-spendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/04/04 at 10:49
Regular
At last... some sign of ol' Mr. Scrooge spending a bit of money.

Nintendo are famed for hauling money, bar the Q fund they rarely spend masses ammount of money. Most of the profits from Pokemon and the sale of Rareware have been hidden from view... in fact Nintendo are VERY reluctant to spend their money. Which is why fear of them falling is very premature.

But Nintendo have reported their desire to aquire key technologies for the future. This doesn't mean odd final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid deals... this means the aquisiton of ENTIRE companies.

Hardware AND software companies. So troubled developers like Capcom could well be under Nintendo's gaze.

Either way we should see the fruits of Nintendo's fight back occur in the next few months.
Sat 10/04/04 at 11:50
Regular
Still no news on this. Maybe they'll buy Kuju.
Thu 08/04/04 at 18:48
"I love yo... lamp."
Ubisoft Shanghai?! Never knew they had a studio there.
Thu 08/04/04 at 13:11
Regular
Okay lets kill that section off right there.
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
NEVER!
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I know, but i'm just assuming if you want RS4 you'd also want RS3
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Rainbow Six [B]4
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:03
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ohhhhh, exclusive...
Thu 08/04/04 at 12:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Read what I said again.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
gerrid! wrote:
> It'd be great if they bought out Ubi Soft. Imagine exclusive Splinter
> Cell 3 and Rainbow Six 4 oooooh.
>
> I'd like to see Nintendo buy Factor 5 and have them develop their
> Turrican game, although I have the sneaking suspicion that it was
> turned into Metroid Prime anyway...

They HAVE got Rainbow Six 3, t'is coming out:

"Ubisoft today announced that the GameCube version of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 will be released in June 2004 in Europe. Developed by Ubisoft's Shanghai studios, the game offers the most thrilling and realistic single- and multi-player counter-terrorist experience available anywhere."

- From Cube-Europe
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:54
Regular
Ubi-soft are hardly a troubled developer.

I wouldn't be surprised in Factor 5... after all they are being torn away from their precious Nintendo by Lucas Arts.

I wouldn't be surprised with Hudson either...

But then again these two are hardly that key.

If they want to rule Japan then they should snap up Capcom or maybe Namco (although Namco aren't in nearly as much trouble as Capcom)...

As for the west... another small developer like Retro or Silicon Knights could ease the absence of Rare...

Maybe Free Radical?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.