GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ever met anyone famous?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 23:04
Regular
ever met anyone famous?
Sat 28/07/01 at 14:10
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Yes I know the Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas (he went to my mums wedding so I'd say pretty well)

And my Dad knows former Norwich manager Brian Hamilton who gave us free tickets when Norwich played Forest 2 seasons ago (I got to sit in the box 3 seats from Roy Evans and I also saw Delia Smith that day :D)

And not really famous saw Caroline from Big Brother 1 a while ago at a school history trip where she was sitting in a cafe having a drink...

And Eminem is my cousin (onllly joking with that one :D)
Sat 28/07/01 at 13:54
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> monkey man is distantly related to Keith Chegwin. Beat that.
> Apparently, he's only related distantly through marriage, but I
> enjoy teasing him and saying that he's his Dad, then laughing and
> reminding him how much of a nob Keith Chegwin is.

LOL, how funny is that...!!
Sat 28/07/01 at 13:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
One of the groups I want to meet would be Pink Floyd...

...never having officially split... if they held another concert (0.5% chance) it would be the greatest ever!
Sat 28/07/01 at 13:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey man is distantly related to Keith Chegwin. Beat that. Apparently, he's only related distantly through marriage, but I enjoy teasing him and saying that he's his Dad, then laughing and reminding him how much of a nob Keith Chegwin is.
Sat 28/07/01 at 13:19
Goatboy wrote:
> OH YEAH!!!

Steve Harris from Iron Maiden in the Sawbo SR shop
> buying a Smurf game for his little girl!
That was an awesome sight
> to behold, and he even had stripey pantaloons on.

"Run to
> the hills...run for your life..."

His daughter is in my year at 6th Form. I don't know her, but my mate does, and I sat behind her dad at parents evening. Very rock n roll (!)
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:56
Regular
Have you seen up Sue Barker's skirt? Well have you? Let me tell you, after that the world will never be the same!

I looked up, and then said "hello, I'm your stalker". The night in the police cell brought me to my senses. I'll never forget it. Good days.
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:51
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
EyeCandy wrote:
> I once looked up Sue Barker's skirt. Does this count?

How???????
Sat 28/07/01 at 10:32
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
People I have met:

Bob Hoskins: He was playing at the Bristol Old Vic, and I met him outside as he was on his way to the back stage entrance. (He's very short, you know).

Simon Cadell: From Hi-De-Hi! and Blott on the Landscape. Met him in London when I was delivering some boxes in Shaftesbury Avenue. (He had a rather nice black BMW 3 series, mine was silver, we got chatting, you know how it is).

Lewis Collins: From 'The Professionals' and also from 'Confessions of a driving instructor', but we won't go into that... He was at Badminton horse trials back in 1981 (why? dunno) and we were discussing tack.

Lucinda Green: (Now Lucinda Prior-Palmer, the silly cow got married before I could ask her): Ex-world champion cross-country horse rider, met her at Badminton the same year as Lewis Collins.

Harvey Smith: (More show jumping connections here), met him whilst I was filming as an extra on the film 'International Velvet'. It was raining that day so there was no filming going on, but all the star riders put on a show for us anyway by having an on the spot showjumping competition.

et la piece de resistance:

Faustino Asprilla and Alan Shearer: Met them both in Newcastle when I was living up there about 4 years ago, they were on a night on the town and we were in the same nightclub. I bought them both orange juices and got 'Tino's autograph.
Sat 28/07/01 at 00:18
I met Prescilla Scales (Fawlty Towers and the Tescos ads) in a car park in London.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:23
Ive met Cerys Matthews from Catatonia, me and my mates met her at TJs in Newport where she filmed the video for that song "Mulder and Scully".

It was quite funny actually because my mate Alan was trying to chat her up at the bar as hes a big fan. That however wasnt the funny part, what was funny was the fact that all of my other 3 mates and me got into the video...and we only came along because Alan asked..

Alan of course the real fan wasnt in the video at all. Anyone interested Im the guy in the grey and red Umbro top jumping up and down like a Prat! :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.