GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little, pointless, survey..........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Do you want 50 cent to be the main character in San Andreas?

Yes or No.

I vote, No.
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
KR wrote:
> (wouldn't it be good if you could add your name in???)

My Uncle plays loads of RPG's, and as strange as this may sound he thinks being able to enter your own name in place of the main characters' is quite an important thing to have in the game. I don't really know why, I guess he just thinks it adds to the fantasy. But as I say, a little strange.

:)
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
Yes because if your playing a game and (for example) you meet someone on an RPG you don't really want them to call you a name that you didn't pick yourself.

Tommy Vercetti??? I didn't like him at all but ahd to play as him and that is one of the reasons I sold the game after 2 weeks.
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I guess having the chance to have your own name in the game would be good, especially if the main character hasn't got a voice, as in GTA3.
Fri 09/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
Yup I agree, then eventually when GTA4 comes out (Vice city & San andreas don't count really) if it went online that would be really good with all the little clans you could have etc.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:02
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
GTA3 was the best one it was because of the location I dont think San Andreas will be able to compete with Liberty City, Vice City couldn't. Also they should release one set in London, now I know someone is gonna say "but isn't The Getaway like that" but I just felt that the Getaway's gameplay wasn't very good driving was awkward and when shooting another person it was too hard to master.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:03
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
they did a london one a long time ago i still have it *+play it im sad i know.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
slice wrote:
> they did a london one a long time ago i still have it *+play it im sad
> i know.

I still have GTA, GTA: London 1969 and GTA2, as well as GTA3 and Vice City. I've been a big fan from the very beginning.

;)
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:15
"I love yo... lamp."
San Andreas seems like it is going to be set in the LA hair metal days, in which case you want Tommy Lee or somebody, not 50 Cent.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Bckpac wrote:
> GTA3 was the best one it was because of the location I dont think San
> Andreas will be able to compete with Liberty City, Vice City
> couldn't.

I think the main problem with Vice City was the level design, as Miami isn't grid shaped like all other American Cities. I think there was a slight sense of claustraphobia in GTA3 because it was made almost entirely out of grids and the towering buildings made you feel a little trapped. It worked well with the story, as you were always looking for somewhere to run from gangs and you were stuck in a world of crime that was hard to get out of.

But in Vice City the world was much more open and it felt much safer driving/walking around as there were plenty of places to go. And you were continuously getting stronger as the game went on so you didn't really feel afraid of anything, not even the other gangs or the cops.

San Andreas should go back to being grid based so maybe that feeling of claustraphobia will return and make the game more tense, and as it's based in San Fransisco, there should be adequate opportunity for some brilliant car chases.

> Also they should release one set in London, now I know
> someone is gonna say "but isn't The Getaway like that" but
> I just felt that the Getaway's gameplay wasn't very good driving was
> awkward and when shooting another person it was too hard to master.

I really think The Getaway 2 will sort out all of the problems that wasted the last one, from the screenshots Ive seen, it looks like there's been much more effort put into it. However, only time will tell.
Sat 10/04/04 at 00:40
Regular
"what?"
hell no, i like it better when they use an original character, not some rap artist

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.