GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little, pointless, survey..........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/04/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Do you want 50 cent to be the main character in San Andreas?

Yes or No.

I vote, No.
Sat 10/04/04 at 15:44
Regular
NO.
Sat 10/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
i think they should stick with an italian mafia name.
remember if you killed something like 1,000,00 people
then you became the godfather on the stat screen.
it made you feel in control of the mafia it was great.

who thinks all the gta's were based on scarface?
Sat 10/04/04 at 12:40
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Wakka wrote:
> No, 50 Cent is a cockerspaniel take away the erspaniel part.

I heard dislexic mule.
Sat 10/04/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
So I guess that settles it then. No main character based on a celebrity, and no voice over for him either. Do you think Rockstar visit this site often?

;)
Sat 10/04/04 at 08:10
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
No, 50 Cent is a cockerspaniel take away the erspaniel part.
Sat 10/04/04 at 01:03
Regular
"aka [EIRE] Taig"
slice wrote:
> they did a london one a long time ago i still have it *+play it im sad
> i know.
Yeah I have GTA1 and GTA2, I'm not just some idiot that got into it because everyone else loved it. I've been a fan from the beginning. I meant a 3D one set in London for the PS2 or Xbox.
Sat 10/04/04 at 00:40
Regular
"what?"
hell no, i like it better when they use an original character, not some rap artist
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:23
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Bckpac wrote:
> GTA3 was the best one it was because of the location I dont think San
> Andreas will be able to compete with Liberty City, Vice City
> couldn't.

I think the main problem with Vice City was the level design, as Miami isn't grid shaped like all other American Cities. I think there was a slight sense of claustraphobia in GTA3 because it was made almost entirely out of grids and the towering buildings made you feel a little trapped. It worked well with the story, as you were always looking for somewhere to run from gangs and you were stuck in a world of crime that was hard to get out of.

But in Vice City the world was much more open and it felt much safer driving/walking around as there were plenty of places to go. And you were continuously getting stronger as the game went on so you didn't really feel afraid of anything, not even the other gangs or the cops.

San Andreas should go back to being grid based so maybe that feeling of claustraphobia will return and make the game more tense, and as it's based in San Fransisco, there should be adequate opportunity for some brilliant car chases.

> Also they should release one set in London, now I know
> someone is gonna say "but isn't The Getaway like that" but
> I just felt that the Getaway's gameplay wasn't very good driving was
> awkward and when shooting another person it was too hard to master.

I really think The Getaway 2 will sort out all of the problems that wasted the last one, from the screenshots Ive seen, it looks like there's been much more effort put into it. However, only time will tell.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:15
"I love yo... lamp."
San Andreas seems like it is going to be set in the LA hair metal days, in which case you want Tommy Lee or somebody, not 50 Cent.
Fri 09/04/04 at 23:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
slice wrote:
> they did a london one a long time ago i still have it *+play it im sad
> i know.

I still have GTA, GTA: London 1969 and GTA2, as well as GTA3 and Vice City. I've been a big fan from the very beginning.

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.