GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just got an Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/04/04 at 22:39
Got my nice new Crystal Xbox the other game. Any game recommendations? I've got Splinter Cell Pandora Tommorow and Project Gotham 2. What else to i need? I have Rainbow 6 for Ps2
Sun 11/04/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Rickoss wrote:
> As for Crimson Skies, I want it, but have no Live so I'm not really > sure whether it'd be worth it.

I had Crimson Skies and I don't have Live, I played through the single player mode. I thought it was very enjoyable, the weapons are great, you can be a good guy if you want, or on the other hand you can just blow everything out of the sky. It'll also take you quite a while to finish it. The only thing is that once you do finish it, there isn't really any replay value.
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:57
"I love yo... lamp."
Rickoss wrote:

> Bar R: Racing, which is pretty balls but on the Cube you get Pac-Man
> :-D

Meh, PGR 2 is out. I'll never need another racer again.
>
> Anyhoo, I'd agree with XIII, it's brilliant, although I'm not too
> keen on multiplayer myself. As for Crimson Skies, I want it, but have
> no Live so I'm not really sure whether it not it'd be worth it.

I haven't actually tried the XIII multiplayer yet, will later on. Nor have I tried Crimson Skies on Live, but I'm loving the single player and it has a 4 player split screen. So you don't even need Live for it to be worth it. Highly recommended.
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:53
Regular
Yeah, just realise he'd highlighted the exclusives bit. My mistake...
Sun 11/04/04 at 18:00
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> So what's saying "discounting all the games available on PC, Xbox
> has nothing" got to do with some dude asking what games are
> worth getting on Xbox?

Cyclone questioned why I said those games were exclusive, to which I replied that it's not really fair to count games on both Xbox and PC, considering that the console is best seen as something for people who don't have massively expensive computers.

> Another thing, it was almost scary how fast you replied to that post,
> I didn't even have time to edit a spelling mistake. Are you sitting
> on the boards repeatedly clicking refresh all day or something?

Coincidence I guess.
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:37
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Crimson Skies and XIII. Also bear in mind that nearly all multi format
> games are better on Xbox.

Bar R: Racing, which is pretty balls but on the Cube you get Pac-Man :-D

Anyhoo, I'd agree with XIII, it's brilliant, although I'm not too keen on multiplayer myself. As for Crimson Skies, I want it, but have no Live so I'm not really sure whether it not it'd be worth it.

Pretty much everything other people have said.
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:28
"Welcome To My World"
Get Rainbow Six 3 with a Headset
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> So what's saying "discounting all the games available on PC, Xbox
> has nothing" got to do with some dude asking what games are
> worth getting on Xbox?

I think that was referring to Cyclone quoting his message and making 'exlsuives' bold, woman
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just to say, I was only pointing out none of those were only on Xbox - not saying the Xbox had no good games or anything......
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:23
Regular
It wasn't ment to start an argument, just a mear observation. I'd hardly had time to breath before a reply appeared.
Sun 11/04/04 at 13:16
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Are you sitting on the boards repeatedly clicking refresh all day or
> something?

Here we go again ¬_¬

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.