GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Burnout Paradise dropping router DNS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/01/10 at 14:52
Regular
Happy New Year to All,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this as it relates to both web technical and gaming.

For some reason unknown to me, whenever I play Burnout Paradise on the PS3, it completely kills my DNS after. I've got no web browsing on the pc at all until I reset the router. A connection test on the PS3 also fails after playing this one game.

Any ideas?!

Neil
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:13
"Are you sure?"
...looks like you aren't the only one:

EA forum post

Platstation.com post

Only trying to help :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

NB. If my sons PS3 starts messing with MY connection it (PS3) is going out the window!!!
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:04
"Are you sure?"
Just to add to LukeM's comments...

Are you directly specifying the DNS addresses in your PS3 setup?

Also (but I don't think this is actually related to your problem), to try to get some additional resilience I split my DNS addresses between Freeola's London and Telford ones.

i.e. I set my primary to London and secondary to Telford. Picking one address from the collection below.

London

Telford

Not sure if this actually buys me anything but it seems like a good idea!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:02
Regular
I have assigned new DNS quads to the router and W7 and I'm still getting the same.

I'm re-downloading the game to see if a reinstall has any effect.

...and you're correct - this is the only game I've noticed that does it.

N.
Thu 07/01/10 at 15:47
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Very strange if I must say so, I assume that you are playing Burnout online or it is at least obtaining information from the Internet?

To me it seems to be as if something is causing your Router to drop the servers, if you log in to your Router do the servers still appear within the status pages? It may be worth providing the servers to your router, rather than leaving the option 'obtain DNS servers automatically', if you have the choice.

I take it no other online game causes the same problem?
Thu 07/01/10 at 15:37
Regular
My chat clients all seem to still remain connected and active at that stage.

Its just that no web page loads.

Also, the PS3 connection check reports an error code with 'DNS' quoted.

N.
Thu 07/01/10 at 15:35
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
No problem, but yeah just change your DNS servers to something else if it is that. It could be something else, what in particular indicates that it is a DNS issue?

Can you ping IP addresses still when you cannot view web pages? If you can then yeah it's a DNS issue probably, otherwise it will most likely be something else.
Thu 07/01/10 at 15:28
Regular
By DNS I meant Freeolas.

Sorry for the confusion.

N.
Thu 07/01/10 at 15:18
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
You say "Your" DNS, are you using your own DNS? Or do you mean the DNS you are using? What are you using? You could always try using a different DNS server.

We provide some:

OpenDNS provide some:

Google DNS:
Thu 07/01/10 at 14:52
Regular
Happy New Year to All,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this as it relates to both web technical and gaming.

For some reason unknown to me, whenever I play Burnout Paradise on the PS3, it completely kills my DNS after. I've got no web browsing on the pc at all until I reset the router. A connection test on the PS3 also fails after playing this one game.

Any ideas?!

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.