GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Burnout Paradise dropping router DNS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/01/10 at 14:52
Regular
Happy New Year to All,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this as it relates to both web technical and gaming.

For some reason unknown to me, whenever I play Burnout Paradise on the PS3, it completely kills my DNS after. I've got no web browsing on the pc at all until I reset the router. A connection test on the PS3 also fails after playing this one game.

Any ideas?!

Neil
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:48
Regular
*Touch wood*

Since I did the extended power reset I've had no issues with it.

N.
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
HM wrote:
> Many EA games (the sports games seem to be ok though)

FIFA10 wasn't working for me online until I gave my PS3 a static IP address and put it in my routers DMZ. Seems I wasn't the only one who had to do this after doing some further reading.
Fri 08/01/10 at 15:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Warhunt wrote:
> I wonder if it happens with any other games.....

Many EA games (the sports games seem to be ok though)
Fri 08/01/10 at 14:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha glad this is resolved. What a strange issue though.

Would have fitted in the gaming section nicely but then Hmmm... would not have noticed it ;)

I wonder if it happens with any other games.....
Thu 07/01/10 at 21:29
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
EA...it doesn't surprise me.

It happens with me too *and I'm not even a freeola broadband customer...*
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:55
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
> The power down worked.
> Why?! Something stuck in RAM?

Glad that worked :¬)

More likely something to do with something within TCP/IP being released - but I'm only guessing...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:41
Regular
The power down worked.

Why?! Something stuck in RAM?

N.
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:36
Regular
@Hmmm...

I have just changed the PS3 DNS too yup with the same result.

I'll see what the power reset does, and if that doesn't work I may well email you referencing your network ideas.

N.
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:30
"Are you sure?"
You didn't answer:
Are you directly specifying the DNS addresses in your PS3 setup?

I give all my many networked devices their own IP addresses, subnet, DNS, Gateway, etc. If you don't do this it's something else you could try.

I've also changed my home network from the default 192... to use a 10... range - it works for me.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/01/10 at 17:26
Regular
Some interesting reading there, particularly the last comment of the second thread.

They claim to have resolved it with a FULL power down of the PS3 for 5 mins - mains unplugged.

Off to investigate...

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.