GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why are you bashing the PS2??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/07/01 at 00:33
Regular
ok so the games out now arent that great (with the exception to the jaw dropping GT3)and most of them are sequels...but heres the thing these are just the first generation of games!!!! remember when the playstation first came out it had titles like Ridge Racer and Tekken which we all oooed and ahhed at but now 5 years on they look and play..well to be honest crappy.We had to wait at least 3 years for deecnt titles like the resident evil series and the final fantasies.The games on the PS2 now are great for the first generation just imagine what they will be like this time next year with titles like final fantasy X and metal gear... HOooooo i cant wait!
So dont be so impatient and if you dont like the PS2 just shut up if you dont have anything nice to say!
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Back For Good"
Armatige shanks wrote:

Yes... Just because you like your PS2 and
> games... doesnt mean everyone else does :)

exactly my point i only like about 2 of the games on the N64 but people try really really hard to prove that their better than the PSone's when i just don't like em.
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ö= ResŒvilfan =Ö wrote:
> can you blame them?

No one else constanly goes on and on and on
> and on about another console, it's so sad i used to go into the
> ninty forum to see if there's anything interesting about sega on
> nintendo or res evil but in nearly every single topic and every post
> in fact there's something about this better than sony yeah good game
> that better than sony,greystation sux, nothing about how good a game
> is it's just searching for faults and the trying to prove thats it's
> better, there's probably the same rubbish in there with the
> dreamcast and xbox.

i think it should either be called the
> children's playground or the we find quotes and make up facts to try
> and prove nintendo's better forum.

Everything in the FOG forums
> that's dissing everything else like "gtcrappy" and all the
> rest is from ninty's

hey at least it detours people like that
> away from the Sony haha!!!

Yes... Just because you like your PS2 and games... doesnt mean everyone else does :)

PS2 owners take it personally when people say they dont like a game... but happily bash Ninty owners about their titles...

Also... I've noticed that PS2 owners do often start topics like Why the PS2 is the best console ever and why every other console is crap...

I'd say they are just as guilty as Nintendo owners :)
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:50
Thats where Nintendo gets its childish image.

Childish supporters.

It doesn't need them!
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:45
Regular
"Back For Good"
can you blame them?

No one else constanly goes on and on and on and on about another console, it's so sad i used to go into the ninty forum to see if there's anything interesting about sega on nintendo or res evil but in nearly every single topic and every post in fact there's something about this better than sony yeah good game that better than sony,greystation sux, nothing about how good a game is it's just searching for faults and the trying to prove thats it's better, there's probably the same rubbish in there with the dreamcast and xbox.

i think it should either be called the children's playground or the we find quotes and make up facts to try and prove nintendo's better forum.

Everything in the FOG forums that's dissing everything else like "gtcrappy" and all the rest is from ninty's

hey at least it detours people like that away from the Sony haha!!!
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Ö= ResŒvilfan =Ö wrote:
> Ninty's have said more about the PS2 than the whole of the sony
> forum, it's quite sad and you can bet you life that anything bad
> said about the PS2 came from a jealous N64 owner.

don't belive
> me go browse around.

PS2 owners all seem happy with their console
> and with the games around £15+ It's fantastic.

I do find PS2 owners are often a lot more defensive than other console owners...
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:24
Regular
"Back For Good"
Ninty's have said more about the PS2 than the whole of the sony forum, it's quite sad and you can bet you life that anything bad said about the PS2 came from a jealous N64 owner.

don't belive me go browse around.

PS2 owners all seem happy with their console and with the games around £15+ It's fantastic.
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Myst1que wrote:
> what the fudge!!! i am saying the PS2 is good and that there are
> some good games on it and that the poeple who are bashing it have to
> wait for the really good titles and i get ripped to peices!
and i
> have the rubish games huh i wouldnt call..
GT3,F1
> 2001,SSX,Extermination,timsplitters,Tekken tag,Star wars
> starfighter..rubish
..ok maybe not 10 games but i think they are
> some good titles in there so stop rippin me to pieces or i will have
> to open a can of whoop a** on you!

No you didnt :) ...

You said that the PS2 didnt have many good games out...

And although the PSX was released it had lost of titles people marveled at, (however five years on they look a little dated)

I suspect that people bash the PS2 because tyhe GC and X-Box arnt out to bash yet...

When they get released, people will question them too... dont worry :)
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:15
"High polygon count"
I have, and I did!
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:13
If you dont like biased posts, read my 'The biased posters code of honour'. Hopefully, tou'll find it quite a laugh!
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:09
"High polygon count"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Sonyphiles must stand strong, and never say things
> like that, especially considering it's not true!

You can be a 'Sonyphile' without having to bashing other machines though.

You have to admit to and accept your machines little faults - it's all part of the charm and character that attract people to a machine.

I know the the PS2 isn't God's gift to gamers - there will never be a 'perfect' games machine. But I will defend it against childish comments, distorted truths, and outright lies which occasionally appear on these forums.

I'm always among the first to defend PS2, but the best way of doing it is to respond with facts, rather than "Pah! Your Nintendo's sh!te" comments. The fact is there's nothing wrong with Nintendo or Sega consoles or games, in my opinion - they just don't appeal to me as much as PS2 and its software. Does anything else really matter?

My opinion is, if people don't like PS2, it's their loss, not mine. My opinion is they're missing out on some great stuff. That's not their opinion though, so fair play to them - it's not really any of my business!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.