GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA MAD BANNER.2 Winners Announced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
THE BANNER COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. The other one for the longest threads is still running.

I'm pleased to announce that the following people will be awarded a Filmaday prize or a banana:

CJC - Hannibal banner
Slaveunit - Gameaday.co.uk banner
Dav1d - UKphonetones.com banner
Atomic_Koala - Gameaday.co.uk banner

er-no wins a Gameaday prize for his UKchatforums.co.uk and Filmaday.co.uk banners. He's on fire.

Check out all the entries here:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/bannercomp/

Well done to everybody who took part, there were lots of interesting ideas, a toon, and only a couple of really scary ones. Watch out for the winning banners popping up all over the site in the next couple of days.

Loki (absent from parliament).

========

Tony's original message:

Design a banner competition. One banner equals a Filmaday prize. Two will get you a Gameaday prize.

Banners count if we use them. There can be many winners. If we don't use them then there is no prize. They must be under 15K and 468x60 pixel GIFs so don't be stupid.

Focus on our free gifts and items which are near the top of our charts, Get Dotted and Freeola, or UKchatforums. Look for an idea which will entice people to click, or a strong selling point of the product in question.
Page:
Sat 25/08/01 at 18:09
I have seen all the winning banners many times now, as well as a few other new ones.
Sat 25/08/01 at 17:57
Regular
Gaming Boy wrote:
> CJC wrote:
> Yea AK,
> I have seen your's a few times, I
> have seen everone's banners up!

Correction, you haven't seen mine
> because none of them were ever put up.

OK then..., yea AK I have seen yours a few times, I have seen all the winning banners up.
Sat 25/08/01 at 17:17
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
CJC wrote:
> Yea AK,
> I have seen your's a few times, I have seen everone's banners up!

Correction, you haven't seen mine because none of them were ever put up.
Sat 25/08/01 at 11:45
Regular
You really dont need to spend out money on fireworks, when you can do almost the same job and get it for free.

If you are thinking or making banners for companies or something, then you need fireworks, but if not just do what I do:

Use Paintbrush, set the attributes to 468 by 60 and draw the pictures on manually, then save it, and make another where some of the objects have moved, so all you have to do is merge them all together.......

with a gif animator. Type in Free Gif Animator into a search engine and take your pick! You may have to try a few...

I use ULEAD Gif Animator 2.0, which seems to do the job...

Hope this makes sense, cos I wrote it in a bit of a rush

and Good Luck :-)
Sat 25/08/01 at 09:52
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I'm getting Fireworks so I can make banners. How much is Fireworks? Do SR use Fireworks?
Sat 25/08/01 at 09:52
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I'm getting Fireworks so I can make banners. How much is Fireworks?
Sat 25/08/01 at 00:23
Regular
Just saw the GameBoy Advance one.... Really good idea...

Im not sure about the FREE GIFT ones though, where the lettering moves about. Not really very original.

I suppose its all a matter of opinion.......
Sat 25/08/01 at 00:11
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I've seen the one by AK based on the idea I gave him. Well done mate.
Fri 24/08/01 at 23:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
I see my two all the time...
Fri 24/08/01 at 23:38
Regular
Sorry to POP this but Ive seen some ruuuuud banners the past 2 days....

Who has designed all the new banners at SR? Is it webby?

I love the x-men banner, have only seen it once, but looks almost worth clicking! :-)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.