GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for Ali and GAD people......"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 14:01
Regular
Can you explain how you go about picking GAD winners?

You say that you have over 1000 posts each day, plus reviews etc. So how does it work, do you read through them all and ignore most posts (as they are just chat) and end up with a short list of 10 or so?

Then pick one? If it's a review you then check to see if it's copied?

I'm not questioning the GAD system here, I have no complaints at all, but I thought that if it was explained, how you pick it etc, then it might help cut down on the number of complaints.

Thanks.
Fri 27/07/01 at 01:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
"I likes blinking, I do"
Thu 26/07/01 at 16:09
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Hey, nice blinking there, Game...
Thu 26/07/01 at 16:07
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
*Blinks...*
Thu 26/07/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
*sticks keyboard into back of Loki and types

10 Slave wins today.
20 goto 10

then whistles tunelessly...*
Wed 25/07/01 at 20:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
Err... Right...

*pokes Loki with a screwdriver and laughs as he goes screaming round the room, sparks flying everywhere*

:-D
Wed 25/07/01 at 20:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Indeed.
Wed 25/07/01 at 19:09
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I should explain that loki is a bot.

He ranks certain words and rates on punctuation, spelling, grammer and variety of word used. He compares each post with all previous winners for similar phrases and saying and ranks those with a high PCB (Previous Content Compatibility) and those with a high UCP (Unique Content Probability).

The top 6 ranked contributions are given to Ali (Ali is a human) to glance them over and choose the best.

Our corporate stance on this is "the human mind is entirely unable to assimilate and compare up to two thousand entries of fifty thousand words simultaneously by tea time. Whereas loki with its megagigahertz processing power and unique PCB/UCP vertical artificially intelligent parser can not only work through the whole bundle in less than five milliseconds but is also capable of differentiating between adjective, verb and noun in "Plant the Plant in the Plant pot"".
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:16
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
AliBoy wrote:
> What happens if you miss a really good one and stumble across it at
> a later date?And you think this one should have won. Do you award a
> prize for it or just ignore it?

We do go through every entry to make sure we don't miss any. The only time we go back to pick another winner if if a prize is withdrawn for cheating (i.e. copying a review).
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:06
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
CJC wrote:
> Beware the Toads wrote:
> Ö= ResŒvilfan =Ö
> wrote:
> doesn't really matter how
> they pick it, the best
> one wins.

I
> still think they
> should have one game
> for the reviews and one for
> the
> dicussions.

They're
> going to do this in November.

Actually, you won't have to wait that long until we announce the new prize system (I hope!). Look out for more news next month.
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What happens if you miss a really good one and stumble across it at a later date?And you think this one should have won. Do you award a prize for it or just ignore it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.