GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your favourite PS2 game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/04/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
This was the first ever message I posted as a little JAT one year ago and it got 100+ replies so I am going to post it again. Why, you ask, well because in the last year there have been some amazing games and your favourite PS2 game ever might have changed. So, what is your favourite PS2 game? You don't need a reason but if you want to post one then you would be more than welcome. If you can't just pick one then you can pick a top three or a top five or whatever. So get going and maybe this might get 100 replies like my first one.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:44
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
This was the first ever message I posted as a little JAT one year ago and it got 100+ replies so I am going to post it again. Why, you ask, well because in the last year there have been some amazing games and your favourite PS2 game ever might have changed. So, what is your favourite PS2 game? You don't need a reason but if you want to post one then you would be more than welcome. If you can't just pick one then you can pick a top three or a top five or whatever. So get going and maybe this might get 100 replies like my first one.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - 800 hours put into it, awesome gameplay, funny story, challenging and good characters. In short shows FFX what a RPG should be like
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:51
Regular
Is that on import only? I don't think I've seen it around...
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - 800 hours put into it

Wow.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
»§ilver §hadøw« wrote:
> Is that on import only?

I think so.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think i saw somewhere it's getting a release in Europe so you'll have at least one great RPG out here. Don't know when it'll be out though. I got mine on import
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I think i saw somewhere it's getting a release in Europe so you'll
> have at least one great RPG out here. Don't know when it'll be out
> though. I got mine on import

Is .hack//INFECTION out yet?
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Think so, only been back in England for a week so not up to date with the releases over here. I don't usually pay attention to them anyway as i go by the american/japanese dates on when i get my games
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:06
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
My favourite game is Manhunt.

One word can sum up Manhunt - sick. But its also great fun. From the first time you execute somebody using a paper to the last level in which you have to kill Piggsy (a gigantic 8-foot mutated pig) and get his chainsaw. If you thought that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City deserved to be an eighteen then you'll be really surprised at this. It's sick and gruesome in moments when you get weapons such as the 'sickle'. You can slit open somone's stomach and watch the guts pour out and laugh. It is really scary in moments when you are getting chased by a gang and thare is no where to hide. In those situations you just have to cry. Usually levels are based around the fact that the sick, violent moviemaker Lionel Starkweather has cameras placed all around the places and you have to preform a sick murder in front of them. But why does Cash (the character you control) follow Starkweather's instruction? The answer is because the character, James Earl Cash was on death row and was killed but Starkweather mysteriously brings him back to life. So during the game you have to preform life risking stunts, such as picking off the members of one of the gangs one by one. Because of this the game is very exciting and extremely addictive. As well as executing a gang member (creeping up behind them and beheading them), you can also engage in combat. Usually they win, which is why I like to execute guys. Its very hard to put this game under a genre. It could be under stealth (you have to make noise to attract gang members. Or it could be under Horror but there aren't any ghosts and ghouls. The answer is, Manhunt is a genre on its own. To be honest, it rules. Most of the levels involve you running away from gangs or breaking into gang members meeting places. But eventually Cash has had enough and he tries to break into Starkweather's mansion and kill him. I won't tell you how it ends though, you can find that out for yourself. :)
The weapons in the game are horribly amazing. They range from meat cleavers to chainsaws and are all diguisting. Later on in the game you will find guns such as the sniper rifles and Uzis. I must say, there is nothing more satisfying in that game than taking off three heads with one bullet with the assault rifle. It is a feeling that you'll never forget. Aswell as all of this, there is lots of swearing and therefore I can say that nobody under 18 should buy it. The only other game that I can think of that uses the 'F' word half as much as Manhunt is The Getaway. And the amount of times 'b*****d is said' must be near 200. But if you are over eighteen or are very very mature then buy this game now. It will give you countless hours of fun and enjoyment. If you want to compare it to Vice City then I will say that Manhunt is a much darker, scarier experience full of greatness and gore. It deserves anyones 10/10 mark.
Wed 14/04/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Acually I have three favourite PS2 games - Manhunt, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Final Fantasy X 2.

I am now going to tell you about Final Fantasy X 2:

Lots of people don't like Final Fantasy X-2 and say it is a disappointment, I am not one of those people. It is a truly magnificent game that is highly addictive and great fun to play.
This continues on from Final Fantasy X and is based three years after Yuna defeated Sin and brought the Eternal Calm. You control Yuna, Rikku and the new character Paine and you lead them round all of the worlds just like in Final Fanatsy X.
But why must they go around all of these worlds, the answer is because they are Sphere hunters. As suggested in the name, they hunt rare spheres and they must find them before the best Sphere Hunters in the world, LeBlanc's gang. Usually Yuna and co. have to gointo weird and wonderful places to get the spheres but sometimes people will give them to you if you do a task for them.
Surely there will be no fiends as it is the Eternal Calm. Wrong. There are lots and lots of fiends including old favourites and new baddies and of course there are extremely hard bosses that you have to fight along the way.
As the game continues on from Final Fantasy X there are the exact same places. But that is not a disappointment. It means you can visit brilliant places like the Thunder Plains and the Macalania Woods. And you must be wondering how you get there. By airship of course! This means that instead of having to travel for ages and ages just to get somewhere, you can just hop onto the airship and be at your destination in no time at all.
Every Final Fantasy story is different and this one is no exception. It isn't just about three happy sphere hunters going out and trying to find rare spheres. Oh no. It is about the fact that Yuna finds a sphere that shows Tidus in it. And Yuna obviously wants to find Tidus. But whoever is in that sphere holds are dark secret, they know where Vegnagun is. The proof is that in the sphere Tidus (or whoever it is) is standing right beside Vegnagun. Vegnagun was built thousands of years ago and it has enough power to easily destroy Spira in one shot. This machine is rumored to be hidden deep below Bevelle and whoever wants to use it will do soon.
Final Fantasy is a great game and would be a gem in anybodys collection. I advise you if you do get it, make sure you have an excuse to take a few months off work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.