GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Formal Apology To Mr Snuggly"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 17:08
Regular
On the "What's happening with Gameaday topic," I lost my temper when a little when finding out that cheats had won-when I was hoping to win for a review of Red Faction I'd written.

I'm very sorry for getting so angry. I've been here long enough to know the rules, and I shouldn't complain.

Anyway, the main reason was that I just hope people aren't winning for copying key combinations onto SR from sites such as SR.

I don't mind people winning for tips, or cheats they've found themselves. Of course, we don't know if they're copied or not-which is why I am apologizing.

Sorry Mr Snuggly!

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Fri 27/07/01 at 11:03
Chocolate Rice crispies anyone?
Fri 27/07/01 at 07:39
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Two measuring jugs beat up my finger n now it has a hole in it,
> ouch!!!

Guilty until proven innocent? Bad approach, but er-no -
> you are the man, rigwa to the world.

A Dan2K1 post, in this thread, with no capitals and no abuse to SR or anyone else?

*faints*

:)
Fri 27/07/01 at 02:01
Two measuring jugs beat up my finger n now it has a hole in it, ouch!!!

Guilty until proven innocent? Bad approach, but er-no - you are the man, rigwa to the world.
Thu 26/07/01 at 15:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
er-no wrote:
> Yeah well his other reviews were copied so some of us had reason to
> believe it had been copied...

Anyway that batch of cheats that
> won? Straight out of Playstation magazine.... tch tch tch!

But you said that it WAS copied, when you didn't know! This is the point I'm trying to make. All a 'Suspicions' forum would do is cause damage to people - they don't need to know.
Thu 26/07/01 at 15:23
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yeah well his other reviews were copied so some of us had reason to believe it had been copied...

Anyway that batch of cheats that won? Straight out of Playstation magazine.... tch tch tch!
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:53
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Will you start a new forum?

"Suspicions
> forum"

Please, it would help.

I don't think a suspicions forum would be a good idea, after all, does anyone remember what happened with SmokedKippers review? Two people came on and accused him over copying and everyone turned against him. We then discovered that the two people were the same person, and that they were lying. It turns into a witch hunt and discourages people from posting at all. I've recently had a phone call from someone's parent who said their child was quite distraught at being labelled a cheat, and they were there when they wrote the review.

If you have reason to believe something has been copied, e-mail [email protected], and please, let this be the last post in this topic.
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:29
"possibly impossible"
We get free games???!!!!??! ;-)
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
This topic really wasn't meant for this, you know.

Look Dan, I respect you a lot, and you're my friend, but perhaps you're going a little over the top.

I can see why you're annoyed about cheaters winning (I am as well, I e-mailed Snuggly before when DBM won,) but imagine how hard it is for them!

Really we should be thanking Snuggly. When I had my little outburst, I suddenly felt very guilty when I realised how much time it takes to choose a GAD winner.

And do they have to give us free games?? No, not at all. We should be very grateful.

This is not a dig at you at all Dan, (I would never dig you!! {:)) But just leave off the GAD judges a little-they spend a lot of time reading all our posts, and giving us free games, and we should be thanking them really.

Cheers, Anthony. AKA Ant, Coolio Santos, Gonda, Coolio sANTos and Sir Dumpsalot.
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:34
It was a general summarisation. No one is forcing anyone to read any messages stating there is a cheat. In regards to Frogman's review, Time Warp's mate who told him he had copied paragraphs from many different reviews so they wouldn't find it, then well SR could have spoken to Time_Warp.

BUT

You are all being superfluous, so you cool it too. The only people I am having a shot at are those who cheat. Those who cheat and win can never be contacted because they never post anything in the forums.

SO

Don't have a shout at me here, there's a perfectly good thread for doing that.

DIVERTION rules. ;DS
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:30
Regular
Dan, who was that to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.