GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X-2, Your opinion?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:49
Regular
"Death awaits you"
Just like to know what other people thought of the game.
Me, Well I thought it was to short an to easy to beat.
I know a lot of people who practicly killed themselvs training and
leveling up, only to realise that it was so easy!
They have my pity.
Tell me what you think,
and be as horrible as you like.
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:21
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I used to love Final Fantasy X 2 but now it's quite boring. I have 66% and I can't think of a way to get that any higher.
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
The fiends get harder to beat the further down the levels you go and the hardest ones are at levels 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100.

... and you didn't need to quote my message as your post follows mine.
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:05
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> You do not have to fight the Tonberry on each level if you do not want
> to.

I know that you can walk past him but are there any more exciting enemies?
Fri 16/04/04 at 10:01
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You do not have to fight the Tonberry on each level if you do not want to.
Fri 16/04/04 at 09:58
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> They made the game easy to finish but by no means easy to complete. I
> still haven't beaten that frenzied karate monk on the 100th level of
> Bevelle Dungeon.

I can only get to level 25. It gets very boring after a while. I mean is there just Tonberrys to fight all the way through?
Fri 16/04/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Actually Final Fantasy X 2 was one of my favourite PS2 games.

Lots of people don't like Final Fantasy X-2 and say it is a disappointment, I am not one of those people. It is a truly magnificent game that is highly addictive and great fun to play.
This continues on from Final Fantasy X and is based three years after Yuna defeated Sin and brought the Eternal Calm. You control Yuna, Rikku and the new character Paine and you lead them round all of the worlds just like in Final Fanatsy X.
But why must they go around all of these worlds, the answer is because they are Sphere hunters. As suggested in the name, they hunt rare spheres and they must find them before the best Sphere Hunters in the world, LeBlanc's gang. Usually Yuna and co. have to gointo weird and wonderful places to get the spheres but sometimes people will give them to you if you do a task for them.
Surely there will be no fiends as it is the Eternal Calm. Wrong. There are lots and lots of fiends including old favourites and new baddies and of course there are extremely hard bosses that you have to fight along the way.
As the game continues on from Final Fantasy X there are the exact same places. But that is not a disappointment. It means you can visit brilliant places like the Thunder Plains and the Macalania Woods. And you must be wondering how you get there. By airship of course! This means that instead of having to travel for ages and ages just to get somewhere, you can just hop onto the airship and be at your destination in no time at all.
Every Final Fantasy story is different and this one is no exception. It isn't just about three happy sphere hunters going out and trying to find rare spheres. Oh no. It is about the fact that Yuna finds a sphere that shows Tidus in it. And Yuna obviously wants to find Tidus. But whoever is in that sphere holds are dark secret, they know where Vegnagun is. The proof is that in the sphere Tidus (or whoever it is) is standing right beside Vegnagun. Vegnagun was built thousands of years ago and it has enough power to easily destroy Spira in one shot. This machine is rumored to be hidden deep below Bevelle and whoever wants to use it will do soon.
Final Fantasy is a great game and would be a gem in anybodys collection. I advise you if you do get it, make sure you have an excuse to take a few months off work.
Fri 16/04/04 at 08:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You're lucky. I got stuck on either level 40 or 60 as it always kills my party before I can really do anything.

I finished this last night and all the girls were on level 70+ which is the highest I have ever taken any of my characters. I'd also done over 70% of the game.

It is usually the case that I find the end boss is fairly easy to beat compared to some of the other bosses but I've never yet completed a game 100%. Maybe FFS-2 will be my first.
Fri 16/04/04 at 03:48
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
They made the game easy to finish but by no means easy to complete. I still haven't beaten that frenzied karate monk on the 100th level of Bevelle Dungeon.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:49
Regular
"Death awaits you"
Just like to know what other people thought of the game.
Me, Well I thought it was to short an to easy to beat.
I know a lot of people who practicly killed themselvs training and
leveling up, only to realise that it was so easy!
They have my pity.
Tell me what you think,
and be as horrible as you like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.