GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I Buy Gran Turismo 3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 11:03
Regular
Folks,

Now the inital buzz has died down somewhat, I'd like to know your honest opinions - I have Gran Turismo 2 on the PS 1 which I've completed about 15% of, and is a superb game.

Is GT3 REALLY that much better than GT2 in terms of actual gameplay? I understand the graphics are superb, and so theys hould be, but as I'm loving every second of the gameplay in GT2, I don't know if GT 3 is really worth spending £40 on.

Your opinion - should I wait, complete GT 2 first, THEN buy GT 3, or is GT 3 really that much better - and remember, I'm thinking gameplay here as well as graphics.
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:41
SteveyboyUK wrote:
> Gran Turismo 3 Southed Seafront - tuning options include an
> extra-wide exhaust that sounds like a hairdrier, fluffy dice,
> blacked-out windows, a lowering kit, skirts, removing half the back
> of your car and fitting a stereo, and the fluffy dice in the same
> paint colours as the TVR's.

Sounds good. Don't forget the expansion pack - GT3 Burger King Car Park...

> You score bonus points for being in a
> stolen car at the time, burning all your tyres, and then managing to
> slip into a nightclub afterwards.

Well, I've heard rumours that you can score even more extra bonus points and possibly gain entry to a special area for performing the following procedure:

* Showing your ar$e on camera
* Running over the aforementioned 14 year-olds
* Setting fire to your stolen car

The special area is called "A Police Station". :)
Tue 24/07/01 at 21:29
Regular
"WWJD"
Yeh it's way worth it, it's a class game get it, it's the best game out
Tue 24/07/01 at 18:46
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Man, if you had an exhaust that sounded like a hairdryer, I think those girls would be pointing and laffing at you!
Tue 24/07/01 at 17:38
they should do expansion packs to GT, like they did with GTa.

Gran Turismo 3 Southed Seafront - tuning options include an extra-wide exhaust that sounds like a hairdrier, fluffy dice, blacked-out windows, a lowering kit, skirts, removing half the back of your car and fitting a stereo, and the fluffy dice in the same paint colours as the TVR's.

The new circuit should include the seafront, where you simply cruise up and down at 30mph, scoring points for how many 14-year-old girls stop and point at your wheeeeeeeeeels.......

You score bonus points for being in a stolen car at the time, burning all your tyres, and then managing to slip into a nightclub afterwards.

Any others?
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
SteveyboyUK wrote:

And I got free fluffy dice with my copy - and a copy of the
> latest Ibiza compilation album so I can go and cruise around
> Southend seafront......

GO BWOYEEEEE!! Don't forget to glue on those bumpers that stick a foot out the front of your car
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:35
"High polygon count"
AliBoy wrote:
> is there going to be a gran turismo B-spec released as the name
> seems to suggest that they will release a b-spec version. Anyone
> know anything about this?

There was an article in one of the PS2 mags where they said they found a "Gran Turismo B-spec" logo in some press material. There was no mention of it anywhere in the press pack, though. So whether this was a slip-up on Sony/Polyphony's part or a subtle hint is open to debate!
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:53
Well, it's the best specification game on the PS 2, so why not?

And I got free fluffy dice with my copy - and a copy of the latest Ibiza compilation album so I can go and cruise around Southend seafront......
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:45
I assume A-spec refers to the best specification, as in the mostly highly kitted out and tuned car. (and I don't mean fluffy dice and go-faster stripes!!)
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:36
Who knows - but let's just stick with A-Spec for now?

I always thought that the A-Spec refered to 'aspect', as it's "the real driving simulator"
Tue 24/07/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
is there going to be a gran turismo B-spec released as the name seems to suggest that they will release a b-spec version. Anyone know anything about this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.