GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Fri 16/04/04 at 17:06
Regular
": ("
Why do so many of you think GTA 3 is better than GTA: Vice City?
Im getting the double pack soon and i will still play GTA 3 but i dont think it beats GTA: Vice City, im so confused at why lots of you think GTA 3 is better, the guy doesn't speak in it, there are no motorbikes and there are lots of other features it lacks of which Vice City has.

Me Thinks:

95% = GTA 3

99% = GTA Vice City
Sat 17/04/04 at 13:36
Regular
I think you're maybe just too young to get it :D

I remember having a flourescent pink shell suit in the late eighties, bo my mum should have been put in jail for putting that on me, but that's the way things were.

The entire Vice City game seems to have a watered down painted look to it, it really is an effort to make the game fit into the decade it was ste in, and I think it really works excellently. As for the bland textures and repeated building, I really have never noticed any two buildings I would class as identical, but such a thing would almost be a technical issue, maybe in having the larger two areas in the game rather than two smaller ones, that would limit the number of textures which could be loaded into RAM for each area.

The flourescents and the washed out look of the graphics are spot on for the era the game was set in, and I love it.

One of the best touches to the game was the C64 loading screen at the start, oh the memories come flooding back :D
Sat 17/04/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I personally thought GTA 3 was a lot more enjoyable.
Sat 17/04/04 at 17:47
Regular
I definitely agree that GTA3 is better then Vice city.
Sat 17/04/04 at 18:52
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i think they're pretty similar, same kind of missions, gangs, zones. only thing is transport and weather on vice city, and maybe size, but it takes ages to get from 1 side to another on gta3

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.