GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"can you tell me a *SPOILER* about jurassic park 3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/07/01 at 20:17
Regular
ok i keep hearing the ending is really bad in jurassic park 3,i heard it just stops.
what happened?
Fri 27/07/01 at 01:12
"The pen is mightier"
Oh, and since i used to worked at the hallowed halls and offices at the Maltings called Special Reserve in the telesales dept with Yvonne, you should be aware that i sometimes pop back to catch up with old friends. I might find time to look you up too, Mr Snuggly. I`ll buy you a Trek uniform and a pair of Spock ears, then force you to watch 12 hours of Trek episodes....

Resistance is futile!
Fri 27/07/01 at 01:06
"The pen is mightier"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Have you ever posted a message that has nothing faintly related to
> Star Trek?

Well, yeah - actually if you take time to look through the various forums you might have seen that, before making some silly comment about it.

Besides, i included Star Trek in my list because quite simply it is Paramounts main franchise, which was the point i was trying to make (Doh!!!)

Oh, and don`t start me on this "anti Trek" thing - i`m fed up with people criticising the fans of these programmes, as it mostly comes from those who have not watch it or are ill-informed. If you are not, then don`t worry...
Thu 26/07/01 at 13:19
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Of course film companies look for franchises - it's easy money. They wouldn't be businesses if they didn't. Fact is, most franchises don't make it past a sequel, fewer still past the trillogy mark.

That's academic really as if Spielberg wants to make 29 Jurassic Park films, then there will be 29 Jurassic Park films. However, I believe (and Spielberg has echoed this comment) that the franchise will only continue if they get a decient script. Spielberg has already stated that he hated the Jaws sequels (as mentioned in my first message), he won't let the same thing happen to Jurassic Park.

Maybe that's the real reason he handed the third film over to Joe Johnstone. He saw the wheels falling off the cart at the first sequel stage, and didn't want to be involved in the third. Then it's a win win situation for him. If the third film resurects the franchises' quality he's the genius Exectuive Producer who made the franchise great in the first place and oversaw the third shoot with care, if not, then heck, he was only the Executive Producer. When was the last time you blamed one of those for a bad film?
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Have you ever posted a message that has nothing faintly related to Star Trek?
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:37
"The pen is mightier"
Spielburg had originally said that Five JP films would be about the limit the franchise could go to before it became total boredom. This was a view he mentioned again whilst on the set of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade just prior to embarking on the first Jurassic Park, but in the interview used in the DVD extras on the JP doublepack, it seems he`s gone back on this.

This does not mean of course, that the bods at Universal see it differently. If rumours and gossip on most film websites is to be believed, then most major film companies look to secure a major money-making franchise with at least five films to start with, and more if public demand is still there for them.

You only have to look at the evidence:

PARAMOUNT STUDIO`S: STAR TREK
2OTH CENTURY FOX: STAR WARS
UNIVERSAL JURASSIC PARK

The list goes on...
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:07
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Since when has it always been the intention to do five JP films? That would suggest that there is a planned plot for the course of the five films - something there clearly hasn't/isn't. This is easily proven by looking at the mentioned film magazines and noting how people involved with the film have discussed the drastic plot changes from conseption to filming in mainly the third film, but also the second. While the internet rummors blow things out of all proportion, the plot of the third film changed from school/colledge kids being stranded on the island and Malcom returning for a third outing to an estranged couple searching for their kid and Allen Grant - quite a change.

From Joe Johnstone's and Speilberg's comments in interviews it is also very clear that a fourth JP isn't guaranteed. Economically it looks good now, but that far from seals the deal. I think you are reading too much into Johnstone's tounge in cheek comment in Empire - when asked if he'd direct the a fourth JP he joking replied that JP3 was too much hard work and he'd need a rest, maybe be fit again for JP5.

It was also never always the intention for Spielberg to hand the directing batton on - in fact quite the opposite. He was so annoyed at the rubbish sequels to his original Jaws, he never wanted that to happen again (as stated in a number of the documentaries on the JP 1+2 DVDs). He did JP2 for this reason, and as he wanted a break after shooting Schindler's List. JP3 got handed over to Joe Johnstone (and this is now my own thoughts on the matter - all the previous has been said in interviews) as I think in his heart of hearts Spielberg knew JP3 had major plot problems. He would rather throw himself into A.I. - a very personal movie that he feels has to be made now to honor Kubric's pasing and because in a few year's some of the film's fantasy may be reality.

The line always has been "we'll do JP [insert sequel number here] if we get a good story to shoot. For JP2 this wasn't a problem as Crichton wrote a second novel in the series and hence there was a strong basis for the script. JP3 had a very flimsy plot and I think it really didn't work like the other films as what made Jurassic Park good was a great director adapting a great novel.

The teenager in my that loved reading the original novels longs to hear that Crichton is writing another JP novel (really the JP universe is no different at the end of JP3 to what it was at the start so he can pick up where he left off). I'd say it is very unlikely after he skiped the third, but you never know. A big bag of Spielberg flavoured cash may change his mind...
Wed 25/07/01 at 10:36
"The pen is mightier"
JP3 has been ended deliberately to allow for a forth outing should the box-office takings justify it.

Anyone with access to the various film mags (Empire, SFX, Total Film - etc...) would be able to find this out right away!!!

Plus it was always the intention to do FIVE Jurrasic Park films, Spielburg would direct 1 & 2, leaving the last three to other choices, in fact it was hinted that by film five we would see a stage where humankind is on the brink of extinction as the genetically manufactuered Dinosaurs slowly re-populate the Earth, the film also had its tagline already written, it was: "Life has now found a way..."

Still, JP3 has taken over £90,000,000 in its first three days since openning in the States and looks well on target for making back its money, so we may still get to see where the Pteradons fly off too....!!!
Wed 25/07/01 at 09:49
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I can't believe people think they can argue against this. The film has no ending. End of story.

By having 'no ending' we mean that nothing happens at the end. Watching some dinosaurs fly off the island doesn't count - this is just how the film closes.

At their heart Jurassic Park films are action/adventure based. Therefore they should end on a climactic action sequence. The first two did but this film ends with people happily leaving the island. There isn't even any excitement towards the end of the film to compensate (not that there's much in the rest of the film anyway).
Tue 24/07/01 at 21:13
Regular
"WWJD"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> SmokedKipper wrote:
> It does just stop. There is not ending.
> This is not up for debate

Sorry, there is NO ending.

Never
> mind a spell checker, I need a grammar one as well.

:)
There is a ending when the teradactuls are flying away so they gpt free it's a ending theres suppose to be another jarrasic park with the teridactuls terrorising city's i dpn't really think if they do a film like this it will be that good they can't do that much it would of been a better if a dinosaur egg had of got away some how like the really big new dinosaur, so it is a ending it doesn't just stop does it. silly
Longy
Tue 24/07/01 at 10:48
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> It does just stop. There is not ending. This is not up for debate

Sorry, there is NO ending.

Never mind a spell checker, I need a grammar one as well.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.