GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the biggest ever movie mistakes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 23:02
Regular
I have noticed movie mistakes in many movies, even the most popular movies ever such as:

Gladiator
Gone in 60 Seconds
Jurassic Park
Titanic
The Matrix

and hundreds more. A good source to find out more on this subject is "www.moviemistakes.com" a site made by an English film critic. He is often on the "Big Breakfast" showing some crucial movie mistakes.
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:25
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
CJC wrote:
> It's true there are too many movie with mistakes, dont people think
> before they do the filming!

lol... its only a film man... its not all that important...

(its more of a wonder why people got o the trouble of cataloging movie mistakes :) )
Thu 26/07/01 at 12:19
"The pen is mightier"
Showgirls - says it all really...
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:26
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Think of the many millions of things that could go "wrong" and become mistakes. I think I'll "forgive" Ridley Scott - still managed to make a half decient film. Was the specticle of a CG Colessium filled to the rafters really ruined for you because someone was wearing a digital watch? Would you even have noticed if it wasn't pointed out to you?
Wed 25/07/01 at 17:57
Regular
It's true there are too many movie with mistakes, dont people think before they do the filming!
Wed 25/07/01 at 13:31
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Bewarethetoadsoffate wrote:
> In Ben Hur you can see a plane in the background of a scene.

Yeh I saw that :D. MM... were planes invented in the Roman times? :D

On a different note how about the mistakes bad guys make in films. I think Scotty boy in Austin Powers summed that up. "WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO BACK IN TIME AND KILL AUSTIN POWERS WHEN HES ON THE BOG OR SOMETHING! - ZIP IT.."

IN basically every film ever made the bad guys should have won if they were more intelligent and shot them on the spot instead of giving them huge talks about what they plan to do and explaining everything else. In the meantime the good guy(s) hatch a plan and end up winning.

Bad guys make the biggest mistakes...
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Back For Good"
I heard Titanic is supposed to have 167 mistakes in.

The biggest mistake ever is the pokemon movies.

I watched half a cartoon to see what all the fuss is and found that that it was the biggest bag of poop i've ever layed my eyes on. oh man 4 full feature films of this.
Wed 25/07/01 at 10:52
"The pen is mightier"
Got another Trek blunder (of sorts) in STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country.

At the end, just as Kirk saves the UFP President from the assasins phaser blast and termoil erupts in the chamber, there is a very loud shout in klingon which sound very much like "F**K the Dog!!!"... Now, does mean that the sound editing team had a bit of a laugh just because it was the last of the original cast`s films, or do Klingons actually have a barbaric sexual act with canines to celebrate assasinations as part of their customs???

Perhaps we shall never know....
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:31
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heheheh!

Star Wars: A New Hope

When C3PO and R2D2 are in that comm room on the Death Star. When the Storm Troopers, one of the last one's in (On the right) smacks his head against the top of the door! I nearly urinated myself laughing when I first noticed that!

Doink!

:-D
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:21
BORGDRONE wrote:

That
> is unless you discount time travel, alternate realities, temporal
> anomilies etc...

You can never discount those things.
Mon 23/07/01 at 11:54
"The pen is mightier"
Mark Hamill shouting "Carrie" instead of Leia in the end scenes of the first Star Wars... or the Stormtrooper that bangs his head on a doorway... or the whole of the Phantom Menace, take your pick!

Did any of you spot that the title "Phantom Menace" was actually a codename for the films most annoying irritant, Jar Jar Binks...? I tell you, Lucas knew what crime he was commiting and tried to cover it up!

Biggest Star Trek gaff (and this is to balance my comments for all you Star Wars fans) has to be in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, when a captured Chekov is told by Khan, "But you, I never forget a face... Mr Chekov!" - Ruddy amazing since Chekov came aboard the Enterprise AFTER the events in the episode "Space Seed" and so the two could never have met until Star Trek II!!!!

That is unless you discount time travel, alternate realities, temporal anomilies etc...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.