GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are the biggest ever movie mistakes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 23:02
Regular
I have noticed movie mistakes in many movies, even the most popular movies ever such as:

Gladiator
Gone in 60 Seconds
Jurassic Park
Titanic
The Matrix

and hundreds more. A good source to find out more on this subject is "www.moviemistakes.com" a site made by an English film critic. He is often on the "Big Breakfast" showing some crucial movie mistakes.
Tue 31/07/01 at 20:25
Regular
whoa touchy,
i can tbe arsed to fight so i stand corrected
Tue 31/07/01 at 00:09
"The pen is mightier"
Myst1que wrote:
> BORGDRONE wrote:

Biggest Star Trek gaff
> (and this is to
> balance my comments for all you Star Wars fans) has
> to be in
> Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, when a captured Chekov is
>
> told by Khan, "But you, I never forget a face... Mr
>
> Chekov!" - Ruddy amazing since Chekov came aboard the
>
> Enterprise AFTER the events in the episode "Space
> Seed"
> and so the two could never have met until Star Trek
> II!!!!

That
> is unless you discount time travel, alternate
> realities, temporal
> anomilies etc...

HMMMM I SEE YOU HAVE
> THE NITPICKERS GUIDE TO CLASSIC STAR TREK THAT ENTIRE PASSAGE FROM
> THAT BOOK YOU LITTLE THIEF!

Well, i`m certainly not going to let you call me a thief when you quite clearly can neither read or translate the supposed evidence correctly.
You are correct that the above Trek error is mentioned in the Nitpickers Guide for Classic Trek, but as to being accused of taking that entry and using it word for word, well - if that was the case then i need to have a word with the teacher that taught you to read...
On page 337 it reads as follows:

"By the way, there`s a story going around Trekdom that this movie contains a major plot oversight concerning Khan and Chekov. In one scene, Khan tells Chekov that he remembers the Russian from his time on the Enterprise fifteen years ago. The story goes that Chekov joined the Enterprise in the second season and "Space Seed" occurred in the first season. Therefore Khan could not remember Chekov..."

It continues on from this, but i think showing this makes my point if you re-read my original entry!!!

Now since the above in no way reads like my entry, and if i did wish to copy whole chunks of dialogue from a publication then why bother to change it for the benefit of a Chatroom, don`t you think i have better things to do???
All i did was type in what i had remembered reading - nothing more, nothing less.

All i ask of you is to check your facts properly before calling someone a thief, and to post your apology on this site ASAP.
Sun 29/07/01 at 18:09
Regular
BORGDRONE wrote:

Biggest Star Trek gaff
> (and this is to balance my comments for all you Star Wars fans) has
> to be in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, when a captured Chekov is
> told by Khan, "But you, I never forget a face... Mr
> Chekov!" - Ruddy amazing since Chekov came aboard the
> Enterprise AFTER the events in the episode "Space Seed"
> and so the two could never have met until Star Trek II!!!!

That
> is unless you discount time travel, alternate realities, temporal
> anomilies etc...

HMMMM I SEE YOU HAVE THE NITPICKERS GUIDE TO CLASSIC STAR TREK THAT ENTIRE PASSAGE FROM THAT BOOK YOU LITTLE THIEF!
Sun 29/07/01 at 16:27
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
CJC wrote:
> how did the T-Rex squeeze throught such a small door?

As far as I recall, he crashes through a large wall.
Sun 29/07/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
www.imdb.com is great for this sort of thing. Search for the film and then look down the menu on the left for all the info you'll ever want to know on the film and its gaffs.
Sun 29/07/01 at 15:01
I don't know the exact details but In the Original Star Wars CP30 comments on not knowing who princess Leia Is but then later in the film he does? anyone know the full details?
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:22
"possibly impossible"
Ö= ResŒvilfan =Ö wrote:
> I heard Titanic is supposed to have 167 mistakes in.

The biggest
> mistake ever is the pokemon movies.

I watched half a cartoon to
> see what all the fuss is and found that that it was the biggest bag
> of poop i've ever layed my eyes on. oh man 4 full feature films of
> this.

But how much money did they make (and still making)? That's not a mistake, just marketing.
Sat 28/07/01 at 22:34
"The pen is mightier"
JURASSIC PARK 3: Just who the hell does Ellie Satler know in the Armed forces that can muster an assault force THAT quickly?????!!!!
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:43
Regular
Jurassic park, at the end of the movie the T-Rex is inside the building when it kills the 2 Velociraptors how did the T-Rex squeeze throught such a small door?
Fri 27/07/01 at 00:58
"The pen is mightier"
The end of THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK 2. Just how the hell did ol`Rex chomp and chew his way through the entire ships crew and then lock himself back in the hold again????

A case for Mulder and Scully methinks....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.