GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crimson Skies"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Crimson Skies'.
Wed 21/04/04 at 19:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Worth a GAD claim over Battlefield: Vietnam and (how can it be?!) Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes?
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Twin Snakes is worth more, hence worth a GAD claim more. Besides I do have 4 Live games already, and Live to get too!
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:54
"I love yo... lamp."
It wasn't a remake though. Twin Snakes is. That would be like saying Mario, or Zelda is a bit pointless because they got sequels. Twin Snakes isn't a sequel. If you look at the user ratings on Gamespot ( I don't really trust their reviews, but the user ratings are fairly accurate) then you'll see they are rated equally.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:50
Regular
If you did play the PC version though the same thing can be said to that, the Xbox version just looked and sounded a lot better but the gameplay was pretty much the same.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:48
Regular
Would this be the same game that most of the time creeps into regular top 10 games lists from user votings?
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:41
"I love yo... lamp."
Actually, I have Crimson Skies and think it is fan-frickin'-tastic. One of my favourite Xbox games, gorgeous looking with a stunning multiplayer. And some bits of it are absolutely solid, even if the last battle isn't the hardest thing you'll ever play.

Definitely recommend it. Twin Snakes is great and all, but I was disappointed in that it was still just a game I had played before under the skin.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:07
Regular
"8==="
Creepy wrote:

> Choosh Beckmate

Oy! You nicked my catchphrase!
Wed 21/04/04 at 21:24
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Creepy wrote:
>
> Counter-Strike has an ending?
>
> :^)
>
> Yes - it ended up with me taking it back to the shop I bought it from
> and getting a fiver more than I paid for it :D

Choosh Beckmate
Wed 21/04/04 at 21:23
Regular
Creepy wrote:

> Counter-Strike has an ending?
>
> :^)

Yes - it ended up with me taking it back to the shop I bought it from and getting a fiver more than I paid for it :D
Wed 21/04/04 at 21:20
Regular
": ("
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> Yes, it's in IGNs top 10 Xbox games.
>
> So's NBA Street 2.
>
> You can get it for £20 from other reatailers anyway so I
> wouldn't waste a GAD claim on it.

I love that game but i dont understand why its still in the charts, its been out for yoinks.
Wed 21/04/04 at 21:19
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> CS is worth buying if you can find it at a reasonable price - but
> there are better games out or due out that you can use a GAD on.
>
> I found the ending disappointing in CS - plus the last battle was
> rather easy. Great on Live if you can find anyone who plays it.

Counter-Strike has an ending?

:^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.