GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One last go - FOR THOSE NEEDING HELP ON GAMES"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This is one final attempt to get rid of some of the junk that swallows up this forum, namely the *i need help on* topics. Now i've seen countless topics on this forum posted asking for help from lazy people who can't be bothered to either work it out for themselves in the game or go on an actual gaming help site to find the answer. I've read a few topics asking for help and been able to just pop over to gamefaqs and find the answer within 3 minutes. 3 minutes! it's not too long is it? Infact after the time it takes you to write your i need help topic and wait for a response that's probably alot longer than 3 minutes.

So if you do need help on a game go to either gamefaqs.com or look around on this site for help. I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll find the answer you are after on there (considering the mainstream releases most of the topics are about anyway)

Please lets try and make this forum better and actually worth visiting.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This is one final attempt to get rid of some of the junk that swallows up this forum, namely the *i need help on* topics. Now i've seen countless topics on this forum posted asking for help from lazy people who can't be bothered to either work it out for themselves in the game or go on an actual gaming help site to find the answer. I've read a few topics asking for help and been able to just pop over to gamefaqs and find the answer within 3 minutes. 3 minutes! it's not too long is it? Infact after the time it takes you to write your i need help topic and wait for a response that's probably alot longer than 3 minutes.

So if you do need help on a game go to either gamefaqs.com or look around on this site for help. I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll find the answer you are after on there (considering the mainstream releases most of the topics are about anyway)

Please lets try and make this forum better and actually worth visiting.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I agree. Why don't we report people who constantly make 'I need help on' topics?
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:38
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
People will just ignore this thread and do it anyway.
Why don't we try and ignore "the i need help threads" so they sink.
This thread will sink but good try lalakersrule
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well i'm just hoping as long as this stays near the top people will notice it and actually take the advice before posting their i need help topics.

I'm not holding my breath but it's worth one last try
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
Thank God, somebody else against *i need help* topics...

Thanks!
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:42
Regular
Yup, this thread should be made sticky. And the top post should be:

For game help, [URL]http://www.gamefaqs.com[/URL]
Sun 25/04/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
bumping to the top
Mon 26/04/04 at 20:52
Regular
"??????"
Advice to all:

If you're stuck, don't bother with Gamewinners.com. It's more of a fake cheats and hoaxes collection than a cheats site.
Mon 26/04/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Wakka wrote:
> I agree. Why don't we report people who constantly make 'I need help
> on' topics?

Erm, no, that's not such a good idea. For one thing it's a public forum and people can ask what they want, within reason of course. And secondly, it would really annoy the staffies.
Fri 30/04/04 at 19:07
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Why does a PS1 & PS2 games forum have Sport topics?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.