GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More getting online woes"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/04/04 at 23:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ok so now i've got my connection working fine, i've setup the network configuration on the network access disc so now i'm ready for gaming. However everytime i log into Socom 2 i get an error message saying

DNAS Error -402

What does this mean? Does anyone know
Thu 29/04/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm kind of wishing we could have
> Socom 2's graphics and maps and Socom's gameplay. That would be a
> happy medium
>
> Cool, this is what I wrote in another forum earlier today:
>
> "Take the maps, weapons and uniforms from SOCOM 2 and stick them
> in SOCOM 1 but leave the SOCOM 1 gameplay unchanged".
>
> Great minds think alike :)

They sure do :-D

> P.S. Thanks for the games on SOCOM tonight, loads of fun and I've now
> got a complex about claymores.

hehe that's what happens when you join the dark side, although i got bloomin lucky the first round of Rat's Nest when you almost shot me in the back as i was getting back up on the ledge. It's a good thing i had my detonator on quick 2 otherwise i'd have been dead.

But yea really fun games mate, makes a change to actually work with someone and watch each other's backs instead of having every man for themself, hope to see you online again soon, preferably on the same team :-D
Thu 29/04/04 at 03:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
lalakersrule wrote:
> I'm kind of wishing we could have
> Socom 2's graphics and maps and Socom's gameplay. That would be a
> happy medium

Cool, this is what I wrote in another forum earlier today:

"Take the maps, weapons and uniforms from SOCOM 2 and stick them in SOCOM 1 but leave the SOCOM 1 gameplay unchanged".

Great minds think alike :)

P.S. Thanks for the games on SOCOM tonight, loads of fun and I've now got a complex about claymores.
Wed 28/04/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea had a run in with a guy with a grenade launcher today on crossroads, i killed his mate but couldn't get round the corner fast enough and got killed by the resulting grenade. Got him back next round though when i just charged him and killed him.

It is annoying though how you get charged for losses when you join a room, i've joined about 5 rooms so far on the losing side being 5-1 down for them to lose and i get saddled with 6 losses even though i haven't even played a game yet. I'm kind of wishing we could have Socom 2's graphics and maps and Socom's gameplay. That would be a happy medium
Wed 28/04/04 at 14:46
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Mines are annoying at times and your best form of defence at others, the likes of sujo with mines in the dark can be rediculous at times. But when friendly fire is on it can also be rather funny watching the terrorists blow each other up.

Seals do have a much better choice of weapons, made a bit fairer by some of the maps being more suited to the terrorists.

Gets a lot better when you get to know clans and people who always seem to make a good game out of it, most folk don't allow the use of the M60, M63 and grenade launchers in their games as it takes a lot of the skill out of the game.

Enjoy socom2 a lot, joined a clan last week and there is always a few of them around each time I go on.

I'll look out for you next time I am on, usually go on after 10ish most weeknights and for a while during the day if I have time.
Tue 27/04/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It doesn't matter how much better the weapons are if you can't get anywhere near the Terro's because they've mined up every single entrance with about 10 mines each.

You spend one round looking for the T's only to get blown up by a mine so you spend the next round looking on the floor for mines only to get shot by a Terro you haven't noticed.

Bring back claymores for everyone i say, least they required you to actually have some skill and were a challege to get a kill with them
Tue 27/04/04 at 15:58
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Mines don't really account for the HUGE weapon advantage the Seals have =[
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AliBoy wrote:
> Been on Socom2 online yet?
>
> Add me to your friends list if you want, my name is Ali
> lets you see when i'm online and which server and game I am in.

Will do my handle is laker.

I played about 4 maps last night for an hour and a half, they last bloody long don't they and i FRICKIN HATE MINES, whichever muppet at Zipper thought they were a good idea to include, it wasn't. It gives the Terro's a totally unfair advantage. How in the hell are you meant to see a little black dot at night in the shadows? Give us back our claymores, at least they required some skill to kill people

Course my opinion will probably change when i finally go onto a Terrorist side :-D
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Been on Socom2 online yet?

Add me to your friends list if you want, my name is Ali
lets you see when i'm online and which server and game I am in.
Tue 27/04/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Now you just have to hold the standby button for 5 seconds. Quite simple really just the PS2 doesn't have the same idea for 5 seconds as i do
Tue 27/04/04 at 08:41
Regular
I take it your mod chip can't be simply switched off using the controller then?

And still, PS2 online has been a BIG disappoinment so far for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.